• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

very funny , excellent
      how was the show ?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Steve! I am sure we will see them with some age soon.

Since these square tins appeared have we ever encountered them elsewhere? Meaning normal cans, etc. To date your bag is the only one I have heard of that had the square tin.

Regarding the Klarscheiben packets, are the ones that have to be folded to fit in the tin proper issue for these tins. Or are there some which fit more perfectly? I seem to recall some which have circular paper and fit perfectly to protect the Klarscheiben.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post

Since these square tins appeared have we ever encountered them elsewhere? Meaning normal cans, etc. To date your bag is the only one I have heard of that had the square tin.

Regarding the Klarscheiben packets, are the ones that have to be folded to fit in the tin proper issue for these tins. Or are there some which fit more perfectly? I seem to recall some which have circular paper and fit perfectly to protect the Klarscheiben.

Hi Willi,

I haven't seen the square tins in anything else ( yet !)

WRT the tin above. It was originally sealed with tape. I removed the tape to open it. A dealer had a full box of them ( a cardboard tube with full label ) The tins are 100% original and unissued. The outside of the tin was originally printed with the contents - spare lenses - 2 pairs ( in German) but I rubbed it off at the show. It was very easy to do. I should have taken a photo 1st - my mistake. There was no date on the container or the tins, but the lenses are 66 dated. I will show them later. The tins are identical in construction to the WW2 version, albeit without embossed maker mark. I am sure we will see "modified" tins in future !

Steve

( Roger, the show was rubbish for FJ stuff- not worth a full report. )

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Steve! I am sure we will see them with some age soon.

Attached Files
            Last edited by SMP; 07-20-2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hey Steve,
              Attached Files
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks, John ! Was it captured in Afrika ?

BTW - the lens tins are for the Pressluftatmer DA 58/1600 ( breathing apparatus firemen) . I Googled the Bestell-Nr 2199-904 !

http://www.bbk.bund.de/SharedDocs/Do...ublicationFile
                Last edited by SMP; 07-20-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                  Hi Willi,

I haven't seen the square tins in anything else ( yet !)

WRT the tin above. It was originally sealed with tape. I removed the tape to open it. A dealer had a full box of them ( a cardboard tube with full label ) The tins are 100% original and unissued. The outside of the tin was originally printed with the contents - spare lenses - 2 pairs ( in German) but I rubbed it off at the show. It was very easy to do. I should have taken a photo 1st - my mistake. There was no date on the container or the tins, but the lenses are 66 dated. I will show them later. The tins are identical in construction to the WW2 version, albeit without embossed maker mark. I am sure we will see "modified" tins in future !

Steve

( Roger, the show was rubbish for FJ stuff- not worth a full report. )
                  Steve ,
                  you had to buy them all and do the business yourself
                  seriously , what kind of material is the tin : alu or white polished steel (edelstahl)?
                  I will explain later why it is so important .

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
                    Steve , what kind of material is the tin : alu or white polished steel (edelstahl)?
                    I will explain later why it is so important .
                    Aluminium

( Al-ume-in-um , for all you Americans )

Comment

Aluminium

I thought it was "ah-lumm-mi-numb"

Did the tins you found at Beltring look like this, regarding the markings?

How would we rate this lens packet in the ebd tin? I just wonder if there was a "textbook" style, or any type of Klarscheiben packet was used.
                      Attached Files
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Aluminium

ok , not good for us

Steve and others ,
                        do you think 66 on the lenses is a "lapsing " date ?
                        Last edited by clint-magnum; 07-20-2013, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Did the tins you found at Beltring look like this, regarding the markings?

A bit, though it also said " two pairs "

Comment

[QUOTE=clint-magnum;5979958]ok , not good for us

"not good for us "because the unmarked ALU tin and bag exist (so no need to modify those from beltring):

Comment

They look a little more rounded at the edges ? At least I hope they are

Comment

They look a little more rounded at the edges ? At least I hope they are
                                indeed it looks like ....I hope also

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X