X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journeymontana
    replied
    Post #109 looks almost identical to this badge in IMO. I think it's a good looking badge but let others comment too.

Leave a comment:

• Paul1
    replied
    Hi all, I have been for many years a British Airborne collector predominantly and now diversifying and exploring German airborne troops. Looking for any guidance or help on identifying features of the officer version of the parachute qualification award in bullion. I am slowly working my way through the 300+ posts on this forum, which are incredibly useful and have already been through 18 threads on cloth awards alone. In addition have a few reference books at home that I am studying, such as the Karl Veltze series of books on FJ generally and many others. When it comes to the FJ officer bullion award, I am struggling to find too many common denominators and it seems to me that the common characteristic of originals is that they are all quite different in terms of the overall look of them, as in there seems to be quite a lot of variance in style of execution.
    I have never handled a verified genuine badge in person so finding it tricky to get some kind of benchmarks and references. I post here one example I do have, however as I have seen others like this (although the tip of the wing on similar types sits outside of the wreath and breaks up the form of the oval) not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
    What I can notice is that the reverse of the badge has some form of 'cheese cloth' layer, I can see some breaks in the backing that indicate some variance in color threads underneath, but cannot tell if the 5 (correct me if I am wrong) that you would normally see are there or not. In profile the badge does not seem to be as thick as I have seen on a few original versions where a similar profile image is available.
    Would appreciate any thoughts or further insights that anyone can supply me with to verify what this badge is and that may help me track down and identify an original one!

Thanks,

Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eubank
    replied
    My other one, a bit nipped but of a nice design, with a nice silvery wreath...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pepe77
    replied
    Many thanks for the feedback Willi and John. I will wait for the more convincing one.

Leave a comment:

• eubank
    replied
    in an insignia setting...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eubank
    replied
    subdued wreath

Here's one I got a few years ago, subdued wreath like on 3, 52 and 67 before, good looking eagle head shape on it, seems to have been taken from a tunic as it has an ink leak stain ...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John Hodgin
    replied
    I agree with Willi, I certainly cannot say it’s bad, but it is not a badge I would want in my collection.

Leave a comment:

• Willi Z.
    replied
    I have not been keeping up with the latest fakes, and they appear to be improving.

That being said, I do not like your badge. The beak is very odd, I don't like the base wool, and the details on the reverse are not what I like to see. I have found that none of the repros feel right, regarding the softness of the wool.

Leave a comment:

• Pepe77
    replied
    Hi guys,

Im learning about these to get one some day.

I have not found this type here yet, does it mean it´s fake?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• P.A.K.75
    replied
    Don't ask , I'm pulling my hair out . I've been a member for a few months now and still can't figure out how to post pic's . The Luftwaffe cloth badges are on my profile but I can't seem to upload them to a post .

Even more confusing is that when I try to upload a file from my pc and go to choose a file to upload , whichever one I select produces a photo from my pc that is totally unrelated . What's more every select file tab reveals the same photo !

It's frustrating because I have quite a few doubles in my collection which I had intended to sell . Sorry , but I will try again

Leave a comment:

• Waffenreich
    replied
    Where are the pics?

Originally posted by P.A.K.75 View Post
    Here's some of my Luftwaffe mostly tunic removed cloth badges . The radio operators is the only addition to the rest which were veteran bought . Its either a late war example made of what was collectively known as shoddy or .... something worse ?

Either way it cost me very little so in the worst case scenario , no big deal .

Leave a comment:

• P.A.K.75
    replied
    Here's some of my Luftwaffe mostly tunic removed cloth badges . The radio operators is the only addition to the rest which were veteran bought . Its either a late war example made of what was collectively known as shoddy or .... something worse ?

Either way it cost me very little so in the worst case scenario , no big deal .

Leave a comment:

• John Hodgin
    replied
    Ciao Daniele!

The paths some pieces take from one collection to another are sometimes very convoluted, if not downright maze like. Received this Christmas present from a friend! Will take good care of it Daniele and am honored to be it's custodian for a while.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rick C
    replied
    Originally posted by LAURENZONI View Post
    I'm FALLSCHIRMJÄGER AND I APPROVE THIS BADGE
    rather reminds me of political ads in the US ~ "I'm Donald Trump and I approved this ad."

Welcome new member Laurenzoni!

Leave a comment:

• LAURENZONI
    replied
    accepted

I'm FALLSCHIRMJÄGER AND I APPROVE THIS BADGE

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X