FJR display Normandy Fake or Reproduction items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJR display Normandy Fake or Reproduction items

Many thanks to the emails about my display with some pics on the new 6 FJR profect string. i have a property in Normandy near Carentan that was occupied by 6 FJR dung the Normandy conflict. The display i have made is to try and re created a possible scene of that time frame and locality with 6 FJR. The kit and equipment in my display is 95% original but most of the uniforms and helmets for FJ and ss items are reproductions. Unfortunatly we are not all blessed with pots of money to be able to purchase original items. So i have used reproductions to try to finish and add to the display to complete it. My display is not open to the public but for me and some close friends. and the term FAKES does tend to lean towards trying to decieve or mislead someone. I'm not in that game and have in no way said the uniforms or helmets where original on the first string and pictures. I thought given this is a forum for like minded people with the same interest and hobby to share info and items of interest. So i thought other members would like the pics. obviously some less than others given some comments.
    . Chris

IMG-20190827-WA0000.jpg

Comment

pic 10.jpg

Comment

IMG-20190827-WA0003.jpg

Comment

IMG-20190827-WA0002.jpg

Comment

even there are some repros in your display, i really like it.....an original drop container, the nice original MG ammu cans
            looking for a FJ medic bag

Comment

It looks impressive , good mannequins with realistic poses nice to see , thanks.
              "Difficult decisions are the privilege of rank, Herr Gruppenfuhrer"

Comment

Anyway a nice display

Comment

A nice looking bunch of boys.

Comment

You spent a lot of time to build this room and it definitely well made even with some of repros..
                    Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

A really great looking display! Owning a piece of property in the Carentan is a very special thing! Congrats!

How many can sleep there?
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude - "Dare to know! Have the courage to use your own intelligence!" - Immanuel Kant

Comment

what is not too like? it is a great diorama! just like being there! give us more!? they belong on a calendar! just great!!!. any more please post.

Comment

where did you find original corrugated steel, for the back ground?

Comment

Very nice indeed
                            I collect photos of beer drinkers in the Third Reich.

Comment

I think it looks fantastic! A lot of thought and effort goes into making a display like that! In a perfect world we would all be multimillionaires and be able to buy whatever originals we wanted, but of course, this is not reality. The next best case is what you have created.
                              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X