• Show
Clear All

Use of K98 pouches + bando for jump

Interesting photo for many reasons:
    Attached Files

Yes. Its a very nice photo

Comment

Superb photo!

I would place it at late 1943. Training jump or combat jump in Italy or Leros, etc.

Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude - "Dare to know! Have the courage to use your own intelligence!" - Immanuel Kant

Comment

yes a very detailed picture
        ES KOMMT EINE RATTE TEUER ZU STEHEN,EINE KATZE AM SCHWANZ ZU NAGEN.

Comment

Hi, Patrick

Yes interesting photo that i have seen on another place I would say mid 1943 in Normandy, during the training of the 1st FJD.

David

Comment

Any ideas what that might be?
            Attached Files

Comment

It seems to be a length of cord that goes until his right knee. Did he jump with his mauser ? Perhaps a security cord to release the K98 before touching the ground ?
              Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
                It seems to be a length of cord that goes until his right knee. Did he jump with his mauser ? Perhaps a security cord to release the K98 before touching the ground ?
                Just my two cents.

Comment

The length of the cord speaks about special purpose knowing only by wearer an I also like tan camo helmet under the clip cover the same like mg box and both seems wear sidelaced boots , not bad for late war period..
                  Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Both wear the GM Bag over the smock, instead of inside. And the FJ with the ammo box appears to carry some additional equipment on his belly, inside the smock.
                    Interested in unaltered, green step-in FJ smock.

Comment

Interesting photo,here on this photo you can also see the cord connected to the weapon.They clearly jumped with their weapons during trainings that time.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Schneider View Post
                        And the FJ with the ammo box appears to carry some additional equipment on his belly, inside the smock.
                        That "belly" is the result of tight leg straps of the harness, when tighten they move up, pushing the smock up too. I know that effect from dressing manneqins

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post

That "belly" is the result of tight leg straps of the harness, when tighten they move up, pushing the smock up too. I know that effect from dressing manneqins
                          You are exactly right. When you tighten up those leg straps it also moves up some other valuable equipment...........If you get what I mean.
                          Very good photos

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post

Haha, my mistake! Obviously not a jumper myself....
                            Interested in unaltered, green step-in FJ smock.

Comment

Here is very interesting detailed photo with cords attached to weapons..I also like some of them wear holsters by different ways.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 2 photos.
                              Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X