Roby
    Attached Files

I like it

Comment

A real one, for me.

Cheers,
      Terry

Comment

Agree, genuine. Wonder what happened to the bolts and shell.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
          Agree, genuine. Wonder what happened to the bolts and shell.
          for me too, It's fine

Comment

Made by F.W. Muller jr if i'm not mistaken

Comment

Sorry .
              Seems to be but is not.....!
              Best regards Manu

Comment

Originally posted by manu82 View Post
                Sorry .
                Seems to be but is not.....!
                Best regards Manu
                .....is not what ?

Comment

I like it as well.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude - "Dare to know! Have the courage to use your own intelligence!" - Immanuel Kant

Comment

Hi Roby,

save your money, that liner is a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post

.....is not what ?
                      First of all I apologize for my bad english.
                      I really appreciate this Forum and I don't want to offend anyone.
                      I realized that it is difficult to evaluate an object from the photo but I can assure you that this liner does not original.
                      Some time ago I was offered the same liner with the same photo, I had some doubts about it, but I went personally to the appointment with the seller covering 240 + 240 kilometers.
                      When I finally could examine it in person already'I immediately noticed that there was something wrong.
                      The tape of reinforcement was different from all those I had seen in the original, coarser seemed higher, semi synthetic.
                      The back of the leather was very rough, not like the originals even if aged by the dust by the use of sweat from time.
                      That leather to the touch remained very rough, it was noticed that it was a new skin, elastic but IMO it was one crust, forcibly aged artificially with a strange mix of sand and salt ground and other wits some liquid.
                      The hands after examining the liner remain as sticky, then the inside smelled a lot of new leather, like tanning skin.
                      Even the seller admitted that the liner smelled like new leather, in person the seller apologized and confirmed my doubts.
                      Also he was in partnership with other person to whom he owed a favor and in case of purchase he wouldn't accept the return.
                      The request was 1500 euros but would have dropped to 1450 absolutely in cash.
                      If any of you want to buy it and examine it, convinced it's original, send me a PM, I will give you the contact details of the seller.
                      The sales area is north Italy between the town of Verona to Vicenza.
                      Best regards
                      Manu

Comment

Thank you for a full and detailed reply !

Comment

Thank you Manu, again. But this one is scary

Comment

This liner assembly is indeed very scary. Thanks Manu.

Another reason to try to buy untouched original complete helmets, as trying to put one together with parts is very risky today, with fakes constantly improving.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

Sapere aude - "Dare to know! Have the courage to use your own intelligence!" - Immanuel Kant

Comment

Interesting info, Manu, the liner quite correct made and well aged and some collectors may be fooled..especially if someone will install it in good original shell and work with it and dust ..
                              I agree with Willi about fully untouched helmets but fakers already know their business and I already noticed some fake shells completed with poor condition original liners and artificially aged , offered on different auctions, so it's very possible we will see this liner again but already installed in helmet and aged..
                              Last edited by Sergey K.; 11-12-2020, 03:05 AM.
                              Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X