Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying strap for sixcell pouch BLA1944

Hi Guys,

what do you think about this carrying strap marked BLA1944? To me strap looks original but the metal hardware - hooks i never seen with these carrying straps. Do you think these metal hooks are period ww2 made or post war? Thanks to all for opinions. Jiri

11.jpg
    22.jpg
    33.jpg
    44.jpg
    55.jpg

Jiri,
    I bought the same from a WAF member . I do not know how many are around but I like them . I compare this one with another one found in the Ardennes .the markings on the belt are exactly the same as on the pouch .
    just the hooks are différent . The rest is 100 % the same . Why not ? The hooks are well marked by a known maker from WW2.

The other member can perhaps tell more as me if he want .......

Comment

IMG_0827.JPG IMG_0829.JPG IMG_0828.JPG IMG_0831.JPG IMG_0830.JPG I'm the other member
      This one (only the strap) come from the belgian Ardennes. It matches Jiri's one except the hooks.

Comment

I don't think it would work well on a six cell mag pouch because the width of the hooks might not fit in the D rings. Have you tried it?

Carles

Comment

I do no have a reverse pic but it works perfectly :

Attached Files

Comment

Jiri,
            where did you find yours ? Eba_ ?

Comment

It is not my carrying strap. Photos i download from ebay. One guy had for sale these straps on ebay. Two straps with normal standard hooks and two straps with these unusual wide hooks (for me it is the first time i saw them, that is why i asked). All straps were sold for 1500€ if i remember well. I dont say these wide unusual hooks are not original. Overal the strap material and marking bla1944 looks original to me. So i just wanted to know if anyone saw these hooks on other equipment and if they are ww2 period. Thank to all for opinions.

Comment

Clint did you buy your strap with wide hooks also from ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by shellmac View Post
                  Clint did you buy your strap with wide hooks also from ebay?
                  No from a WAF member , but he bought them from the seller on ebay ( I believe)

Comment

Good type and not easy to find.

Comment

Buy-it-now for 1300
                      https://www.ebay.de/itm/MP40-Trageri...oAAOSwAQpfirml

Comment

My pocket is too small for that...I might be lucky if I find a misdescribed one, which I can buy, one day.

Carles

Comment

Hi,

Here another one for sale on Lux Military : https://www.lux-military-antiques.co...ing-strap-.htm

David

Comment

Originally posted by falls1944 View Post
                            Hi,

Here another one for sale on Lux Military : https://www.lux-military-antiques.co...ing-strap-.htm

David
                            ...which come from the same lot of course

Comment

Have you seen this thread? The straps look quite alike...but buckles a bit modified.

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...-webbing-strap

Carles

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X