Very interesting
    Can you post the pages with equipments?
    Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
      Protestant or catholic chaplain?
      i think chaplain, am i correct?
      sigpic

looking for SS Hohenstaufen and Frundsberg Documents or Soldbuch !

Comment

nice!
        Search: SB/WP/Photos/Docs Heer Generals ; 290.ID ; 205.ID ; 45.ID

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerElite View Post
          i think chaplain, am i correct?
          No, his religion is on page 2

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
            Would like to see more of the Soldbuch. Kreigspfarrer had to good Nazi like this guy. Monasteries were emptied of Monks and churches were emptied of any "extra" clerics.
            Those that were not selected as Kriegspfarrer, could not preach or hold services and could not receive awards (this was not followed). Most but not all, were used as medical personnel.
            Jeff
            it is in fact a very interesting question, to know the logic with which the Catholic or Protestant chaplains were chosen by Germans in a "silent Church" atmosphere!
            looking for Wehrpäße (and Soldbücher if in good conditions) around Rimini (Adriatic Gothic Line, Italy Sept-Oct 1944)

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              This is the fuerthwiki.de entry of Pfarrer Eduard Putz:

https://www.fuerthwiki.de/wiki/index...le=Eduard_Putz

Golden Party Badge !

Gerdan
              Someone with edit privileges ought to update the feurth wiki article — it lists only the Golden Party Badge and two post-war civil awards:
              ...On March 21, 1934 , Eduard Putz received the "Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP", in 1958 he was awarded the title of "Church Council" and in 1975 the city of Erlangen presented him with the Citizen Medal , a distinction comparable to the Golden Citizen Medal of the city of Fürth.
              The EKII, KVK I & II w/Swords, and Ostmedaille ought to be listed (with documents to support).

— Guy
              Last edited by GHP; 10-11-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Regarding the "which religion" question I would imagine any Catholic priest as a GPB holder. But, do we have any listing as such? The one Deutsche Christen minister I am familiar with was himself only a regular party member.

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
                  This is a fascinating soldbuch! I hope PanzerElite will show the back side of the EK2 document so that we can see the justification for the award. Nevertheless, Thank you for sharing,
                  Curtiss

Comment

Originally posted by Luft 76 View Post
                    It was like a joke. I know that but how a Pfarrer can be brave on the front ? As a Sanitäter ?
                    The scene in Band of Brothers comes to mind where the chaplain is providing last rites to the dying out in the open while machine gun fire and explosions are going off all around him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgeFYBukQiE
                    When you go home
                    Tell them for us and say
                    For your tomorrow
                    We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                    Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

In my post #22 I left out a critical word: I would NOT imagine any Catholic priest as a GPB holder.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                        In my post #22 I left out a critical word: I would NOT imagine any Catholic priest as a GPB holder.

It is also my idea, but it is a theme that still needs to be explored ... I find more stories of active or passive resistance instead collaboration between Catholics ... for example an interesting esperienze of a “Kriegspfarren”” who I read these days

http://marcuse.faculty.history.ucsb....aplains046.htm
                        looking for Wehrpäße (and Soldbücher if in good conditions) around Rimini (Adriatic Gothic Line, Italy Sept-Oct 1944)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                          No, his religion is on page 2

/Ian
                          I missed p.2 of the soldbuch, but the link says he was a Protestant minister, married with children.

— Guy

Comment

Hello !

nonameno :
                            Hello Gentlemen,
                            This is a fascinating soldbuch! I hope PanzerElite will show the back side of the EK2 document so that we can see the justification for the award. Nevertheless, Thank you for sharing,
                            Curtiss
                            Archi :
                            But as Panzerelite stated, that the EK2 doc has
                            the reasons written on the back, it might be interesting if he could show us the backside of the EK 2 award doc !
                            And, just like Jeff, I would also be interested to see more of the Soldbuch. How long did he stay with 183. Inf.Div. ?

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                            X