feldpost numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feldpost numbers?

h ii was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of feldpost numbers?
    they are00218b 381/41
    17680 338
    any information would be appreciated
    David

Hi David,

Are these Feldpost numbers or taken from dog tags? The No on dog tags is not a FP Nr.
    FP Nr. are 5 numbers and can be followed by a letter A-E (in some cases every letter of the alphabet if Sammel FP Nr).

They look very dog taggish to me!!!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

hi, no they come from a piece of paperwork that came with a wehrpass.i know that they are somewhere in holland but im trying to figuer out where?
      David

Comment

Can you scan it/them?
        And was he Kriegsmarine? The first is KM if a FP Nr.

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

hi they are writen,
          Die Dienststelle bittet um Angabe der Schlacht-und-gefechtszeichnungen fur den Genannten.
          stammrollennummer bei Verteiler F.P.Nr.00218b 381/41
          stammrollennummer bei Verteiler F.P.Nr>17680 338
          Any help would be very apprecaited
          DAvid

Comment

hi heres another number on the sheet of paper
            45 627
            if this is any help
            David

Comment

Well that has answered it.....they are FP Nr. with his unit stammrollen nummer....or the roster number he was given within that unit! (this did not match the dog tag number).

FP Nr. 00218b - Marine Hafen Abteilung Rotterdam, 1 Flotte Stamm Abteilung.
              FP Nr. 17680 - 14 Kompanie, Infanterie Regiment 15 then cancelled during 1942. 1943 Witschaft Kompanie 13.

Does this correspond with the units on page 12 of the Wehrpaß?

/Ian

Comment

45 627 - Zentral Ersatzteil Lager 19

Comment

Well Rotterdam sounds right for Holland but not sure of the others!!!!!!!!!

Comment

unfortunatly this is a mysteryto me.the numbers dont match the entries on page 12.the sheet is from the naval securities in holland but i also have a sheet from the 29th infantrie saying he served with them.this matches the entries on page 12.
                    it is really quite confussing????
                    thanks for your help Ian
                    David

Comment

David,

If you look inside the wehrpass there is a small write up describing the apparent paperwork error. If I remember correctly one unit (the Kriegsmarine one) said Koch was in Holland whereas another said he was in Russia with 14./ IR (mot) 15.
                      As the entries in the wehrpass are for Inf Regt 15 and he was wounded there serving with them (awarded Black Wound Badge) I assume the Kriegsmarine unit was mistaken. This would seem to be so as all his other units are Heer.

Cheers,
                      Gary.

Comment

Thought it sounded familiar!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X