Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek 1 clasp, maker??

Odd ek1 clasp.
    Haven't seen this pattern before, but it is very detailed.
    Looks like the claps on the L/50 combo that was discussed a while ago, but there are some differences as well.

Does anyone have a similar clasp in the collection, or a clue on the maker ??
    Clasp appears to be unworn and sits in a very nice case
    Attached Files

Very interesting Ben!
    The eagle's feet, and the date bar resemble an Eugen Schmidhäußler.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stm./Pz.Erz.Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Comment

Ralph, that is what I thought at first.
      It was on the seller's side of the table when I first spotted it..

Here's the Godet combo

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=L%2F50+combo

Comment

Never seen this type before. IMO it looks attractive and believable with a very nice eagle head.

Regards, Wim
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

New for me as well but there are many similarities to the clasp of the L/50 combo.

The construction is very good and there is a lot of detail in the clasp.
          Very nicely done, good quality

It comes with an old Niemann COA.
          Not that that COA is a guarantee that it's original but it's from 2004...

Comment

Spange

That one definitely is a interesting piece that has striking similarities to a Zimmermann from the obverse. The pin is different from the one and only example that I’ve seen which is the one in Dietrich’s book. I’d be curious to see what Jim thinks about it. If original, it’s very, very, rare bird because you don’t see them at all.

Comment

Now that's an interesting find!
              Great detailed clasp. Would love to read more opinions from the
              usual suspects.

Comment

I have little experience with TR spangen but I found the discussion interesting
                especially the possible connection to Zimmerman. In the linked thread, the
                Godet cross is marked "Silber" . I have never seen that mark on a Godet
                however Zimmerman made 1914 Ek1 can be found marked that way.
                LIVE to RIDE - RIDE to LIVE

I was addicted to the Hokey-Pokey, but I turned myself around.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                  Indeed

Here is a Silber marked Zimmermann blue cored EK I 1914:

EK I WWI Zimmermann (7).jpg

EK I WWI Zimmermann (1).jpg
                  Regards,
                  Green

https://ironcross-history.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                    That means the cooperation between Godet and Zimmerman already existed in ww1...

Nice cross Green!!

Comment

Hi Ben,

Very nice and very rare piece.

What differences do you see between this piece and the one on the Combo?
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Trevor,

the major differences are the top of the head and the beak.
                        That may have been caused by the hand-finishing.

The other minor differences are in the 1939.
                        But that may be caused by the patina on the combo, and the lightning.

Apart from that they are pretty much the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                          Hi Trevor,

the major differences are the top of the head and the beak.
                          That may have been caused by the hand-finishing.

The other minor differences are in the 1939.
                          But that may be caused by the patina on the combo, and the lightning.

Apart from that they are pretty much the same.
                          I have seen two of this bird before, both on Combos. The other is in Dietrich's EK1 book. I would have to look more closely this evening when I have my files and library in front of me, but by memory, yours matches the other two. I think the minor differences are down to finish and mostly lighting and angle. I think it's a very nice Zimmermann SP1, probably made for retail by Gebr. Godet.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Comment

If you look at the SP2 from the Zimmermann factory -- none of which have surfaced finished, to my knowledge -- it is very obviously the same designer as yours.

IMG_6895.jpg
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                              That means the cooperation between Godet and Zimmerman already existed in ww1.
                              I don't think this is accurate. The collaboration between CF Zimmermann and Gebr. Godet began during the 1930s.
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X