X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Stimson
    replied
    This is really an informational thread as opposed to one for discussion of pieces, so I'm closing it.
    Merdock, would you please post your question about your cross in a new thread by itself? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• merdock
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• merdock
    replied
    Hi ,
    Help needed with this cross appears to have a dipping 3 but not the soval frame ? were all dipping 3's post war.
    Thanks Merdock
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CMSgt
    replied
    Ekii

Peter nice write up. I just received my Souval EKII with envelope. The maker is stamped on the front side of the ring. I also read your Floch article and you do one outstanding job of explaining how to tell the difference. Thank you, Jim

Leave a comment:

• merdock
    replied
    ring
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• merdock
    replied
    Hi,
    Confused on this subject i posted a Kc a number of years ago that came from a vet that brought it back in 1949,at the time the forum said it was a Souval but after looking at this thread it looks different on the frame not have the same details ,so what is it.
    Merdock
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Stahlhelm
    replied
    Peter:

Thanks for the excellent article! That's more specific, precise information than I've ever seen in any book. Reading the article has answered loads of questions I had and other questions I hadn't even thought of yet. With this, I was also able to successfully authenticate a possible purchase I was considering.

Thanks again for providing such an excellent resource for collectors!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• U-Boot Kapitan
    replied
    Wartime Souval EKs

How can you positively identify a wartime made Souval EK as opposed to a post war made one?

Jay

Leave a comment:

• Grossnicklaus
    replied
    The photo and discussion of the back of the suppension ring has allayed my fears of one of my own EK II's condition and authenticity. This is an outstanding contribution to collecting Iron Crosses, and is a good example of why I have joined this site. Many thanks for your article.

Leave a comment:

• Porsche
    replied
    and the rear.................
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Porsche
    replied
    Hi all,
    I've had one of my EK2's, an unmarked, magnetic, unpainted (Iron core?) and non-frosted, for years and never bothered to work out the maker . Now I've read this thread, I recognised some of the characteristics and dug out the Cross. Low and behold, it looks like an unmarked Souval .

Cheers,

Neil
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Thomas H
    replied
    Hi John,

I'm sorry to say that this is really a Floch

Front and back both indicate that it's a EK made by Floch, although there could be some small differences in Floch pieces (I don't know, but believe the finding you wrote down), 90%+ will be the some. I know the "famous" hinge catch setup of Floch, but I don't always know directly if it's a Floch. The front takes away all the doubt I could have. I don't have the see the back if I saw the front of this cross first.

The low date and the kind of numbers used and the overall look (some kind of rust on the core where the beading is) tells me right away that it's bad.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards, Thomas

Leave a comment:

• John Pepera
    replied
    IK 1 c

IK 1 c
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John Pepera
    replied
    IK 1 b

IK 1 b
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John Pepera
    replied
    IK 1 a

IK 1 a
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X