Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have a copy. Should I look up something?
    BR

Originally posted by Lothringer1944 View Post
    Hello,

A document of the Fahnenjunkerschule VI from Metz.
    To the american from WAF, do you have an access to this document : ?

https://www.loc.gov/manuscripts/?all...t:metz&st=list

Thanks in advance

Regards

Comment

Additional photo Metz Soldbuch

Metz
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jochen1000 View Post
        Also interesting, however, is the question if members of that school were virtually the only soldiers who ever wore that cufftitle. [...]
        If I were a collector of cufftitles, I would keep in mind the possibility that the school was virtually the only place where those cufftitles were
        ever used.
        The "Metz 1944" was a combat award and also a traditional decoration. This is written in the original decree.
        Furthermore there are pictures showing soldiers wearing that CT also out of the school exactly as they wore Afrika and Kreta cufftitles. Of couse many wore it as a traditional cufftitle.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAƟ & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
        - THE SS TK RING
        - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
        - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
        - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post

The "Metz 1944" was a combat award and also a traditional decoration. This is written in the original decree.
          Furthermore there are pictures showing soldiers wearing that CT also out of the school exactly as they wore Afrika and Kreta cufftitles. Of couse many wore it as a traditional cufftitle.
          So if I understand this right then you are also saying that it was worn as a traditional cufftitle at the school and there are some pictures of soldiers wearing it outside of the school (but possibly still connected to the school). But there seem to be no award documents to participants of the actual combat and also no legitimate soldbuch/wehrpass entries? At least I haven't seen any in all those years, which I find weird considering that they were so proud of their small victory at Metz. Have you seen any of those?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X