Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The METZ 1944 Cuff Title

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
    I do not understand the award date of 1 Sept. 1944, since the inception of the award, according to Scott Pritchett, is 28 December, 1944.
    The answer to that is simple....it's a fake entry. All awards are entered against legitimate security checks on the Soldbuch.
    If you look, all true entries are in one colour with the awards in another!

    29.1.1943 Security check from Verpflegungs Amt 704. His personnel number (Kriegststammrollennummer - Kr.St.Nr.) was 4......

    If you notice all entries are with Kr.St.Nr.....signifying this is a security check not an award entry!

    This is typical of all the fakes with the Metz 1944 entry it is a hand stamp and made against an existing security check.

    /Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

    Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

    Comment


      #47
      Incidentally what unit was he supposed to be with at Metz? Aufklärungs Abteilung 104 was certainly not there.
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

      Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
        Incidentally what unit was he supposed to be with at Metz? Aufklärungs Abteilung 104 was certainly not there.
        Sending a PM to M44 Breadbag
        I'll see if he can give more info on what he has.
        Thanx,
        Tim

        PS-BTW, got any real entries that you could show me? I would love to see a real one!

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
          PS-BTW, got any real entries that you could show me? I would love to see a real one!
          I have Soldbücher and Wehrpässe to guys that definately fought at Metz but unfortunately none have the cuff title entered.....it is one of those awards that I do not have.

          /Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

          Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
            The answer to that is simple....it's a fake entry. All awards are entered against legitimate security checks on the Soldbuch.
            If you look, all true entries are in one colour with the awards in another!

            29.1.1943 Security check from Verpflegungs Amt 704. His personnel number (Kriegststammrollennummer - Kr.St.Nr.) was 4......

            If you notice all entries are with Kr.St.Nr.....signifying this is a security check not an award entry!

            This is typical of all the fakes with the Metz 1944 entry it is a hand stamp and made against an existing security check.

            /Ian
            Perhaps you are correct, however if you look close the Kr. St. Nr. Is reflected what I think reads as Kr. St. R. i.V., what that translates to I don't know. Regarding the differant color inks used, the two earlier awrds are dated 43, while the third has no date, perhaps the good officer did not use the same fountain pen again in Sep 44.
            I picked this up along with a few other documents to the same man back in Feb 02 at a flea market in Germany (true story) I paid 25 Euro, I didn't notice the Metz entry until I got home. And I don't think the guy that sold it to me.
            Fake entry perhaps, though I would need more than one opinion.

            Comment


              #51
              Fine, post it in the Soldbuch forum....see what replies you get there
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

              Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

              Comment


                #52
                Small 59 page booklet coming out on four different cuff titles. The METZ, KURLAND, AFRIKA, KRETA.

                http://bdpublish.com/epages/4d7f6574...ts%2FOB-BR-002

                Thanx to Fred Green for getting the info to me.
                Tim

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by M44 Breadbag View Post
                  ....
                  Fake entry perhaps, though I would need more than one opinion.
                  What award entries are listed on Page 22? That page must be full of entries for them to of used the Security Check page to enter awards there. But I'm with Ian on this, those awards are faked entries. There is a similarly faked example on Weitze.
                  Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

                  Comment


                    #54
                    I received the METZ 1944 cuff title today.
                    Here are pics for others for future reference.

                    Tim
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      #55
                      2
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        #56
                        3
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                          #57
                          4
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                            #58
                            5
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Final
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                #60
                                It has everything I look for in an original. Congratulations on a wonderful addition to your collection.

                                Bob Hritz
                                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

                                Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing this Thread

                                Collapse

                                There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                                Working...
                                X