Kuban, Narvik, Demjansk possibly Deumer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuban, Narvik, Demjansk possibly Deumer

The first time this topic was ignored, but I want to hear your opinion after updating the forum.

Of course, with 100% probability it is impossible to say that Deumer did it, but the plate was used alone in the Krim and the Kuban and defects were left with one tool. Probably a rolling machine.
    1. Steel Deumer.
    Attached Files

Comment

2. Zinc Deumer. NOT on all plates this defect is observed, but I would associate it with the material.
      Attached Files

Comment

3. Kuban is an unknown producer.
        Attached Files

Comment

It’s hard to say from this image, but if enlarged.
          Increased:
          1. Steel Doymer.
          3. Kuban is an unknown producer.

Characteristic marks appear. Parallel indicated the direction of movement of the workpiece, and the arrow marks the marks of the die cutting.
          Attached Files

Comment

The workpiece probably shifted, so some distinctly visible lines, some somewhere higher, then lower, but their slope is the same.
            Attached Files

Comment

I made an overlay of one plate (added transparency) to the other with a little shift, so that it is clear that they are identical.
              Attached Files

Comment

Narvik Deumer has similar bands.
                Attached Files

Comment

and Demjansk
                  Compared to Narvik.
                  The different inclination to the Krim / Kuban and Narvik / Demyansk can be explained by the different location under the cutting of the plate to save material.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The paper is similar in structure.

And the color is different due to different colors. Unfortunately, there is no way to compare in hand.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Lets start by complimenting you on your research Vladimir.
                        Very impressive.

The Krim shield you've shown is attributed to Deumer there is however no definite proof that these shield were made by Deumer. Reason for attributing these shields to Deumer are mainly because of the sample boards.
                        Anyway, for now it safe to assume that these shields were made by Deumer.

The backing plate on all these shields show indeed similar marks. It is therefor safe to say that these backing plates are:
                        - made by the same manufacturer, and/or
                        - made with the same tool.

The Krim shield type and the Narvik shield type were already attributed to Deumer. The Kuban however was attributed to an unknown maker. Going through my own collection of shields I also have these markings on the backing plates on all of the above 3 type of shields (Krim, Narvik, Kuban).
                        I would say it is reasonable that we from now attribute the Kuban shield to the same maker as the Krim and Narvik shield which is most likely Deumer.

I have a problem with the Demjansk shield you've shown. The most encountered backing plate on this type is a copper colored iron backing plate. On the backing of the shield in my own collection I cannot see this pattern. Also going through my collection of pictures it is difficult to see this pattern on most of these shields. So, for me, I think it is too early to also attribute this type of shield also to Deumer.

Otherwise excellent research work and thanks for sharing this with us Vladimir.

Kr
                        Pascal

Comment

Hi Pascal. Thank you for your answer. Is it possible to compare this Narvik and Demjansk? The size of the plates is identical? Distance under the hole under the prongs?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here are the measurements of the backplates of both shields.

Kr
                            Pascal
                            ReverseM.jpg ReverseM.jpg

Comment

Thank you, Pascal. Does anyone have similar shields? Can measure the same distance?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X