Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austro-Hungarian Franz J. II. Bravery Medal in Bronze

Hello,

What do you think about this piece? Seems to me a post war made example, can it be St&L? The medal is far thicker than the usual Austrian made wartime examples.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew
    Attached Files

Nice piece, and again an interesting one!!
    I would also say, a later example......
    Could be S&L, but again it doesn't shout to me as a typical S&L piece, the toned Bronze finish is nice, but I don't recall it on other S&L medals, then again, it doesn't seem typical for Deumer either, but I would imagine it is one of those two makers??
    Hopefully Alex might be able to help with some info on maker, as Imperial replacement pieces is very much his area of expertise!!!!
    -Nigel
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Interesting medal indeed. Just like Nigel I‘m leaning towards a later produced medal. It was produced postwar by St&L as well as Deumer. Hard to tell which one yours is, without carefully studying the details.
      The first picture shows the S&L version. The second one shows the Deumer made medal.
      Regards,
      Alex
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for those pics Alex...very helpful!!!
        Though its difficult to be sure, looking at the angle of his collar, the gap between the top of the head and the lettering, and the style of lettering itself, I am thinking S&L???
        -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
          Thanks for those pics Alex...very helpful!!!
          Though its difficult to be sure, looking at the angle of his collar, the gap between the top of the head and the lettering, and the style of lettering itself, I am thinking S&L???
          -Nigel
          Yes Nigel, I believe you correctly identified this one as a St&L medal. The details you mentioned above are a match for the St&L variant.
          Best regards,
          Alex

Comment

I see S&L also.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
            X