'57 roag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'57 roag

I recently acquired a '57 version of the Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen, or "ROAG" for Radio Operator and Air Gunner in collector parlance.

I'm not a collector of '57 awards, but this example really appealed to me. Same thing happened when I purchased my '57 cased DKiG, so there may be more '57 purchases in my future if my resistance fails again.

I don't really know a whole lot about '57 awards since 99.9% of my focus is on 1933-45 items, so I thought I'd post it here and welcome any input. It appears to me to be made of Tombak like nice early TR awards. It is not maker marked.
    Attached Files
    Todd
    Seeking photographs of Joachim Tiesler, DKiG Stalingrad, 3rd I.D. (mot.) and Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, DKiG 7th Panzer Division.

Looking at the hardware, would say St&L made - early version.

But something about the wreath and hardware throws me off.

Still, a good piece for me, but I assume the pin was replaced / repaired.

Mathijs
    Always looking for 1957 issue Knights Cross & German Cross groups ....

Comment

Very nice badge!!!
      Early S&L, with all the signs of good honest wear
      Nice pickup!!!!!
      -Nigel
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Thank-you gents. I don't normally collect '57 awards, but this one was too cool to pass up.
        Todd
        Seeking photographs of Joachim Tiesler, DKiG Stalingrad, 3rd I.D. (mot.) and Clemens Freiherr von Fürstenberg, DKiG 7th Panzer Division.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
        X