No announcement yet.

835 marked Deumer Oaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a indeed a nice set! But there is no way to proof, whether it's a wartime or postwar product. At least not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Schickle93 View Post
      It's a indeed a nice set! But there is no way to proof, whether it's a wartime or postwar product. At least not yet...
      "Proof" is a problematic word to use in this hobby IMO. There is no way to proof a lot of things in this hobby. Especially when I think about "vet attributed pieces" sold by certain dealers...etc.
      An experienced opinion based upon comparing the type of finish and details (frosting, polished details, crispness etc.) to known postwar pieces can be of help though.

Regards,
      Alex
      Last edited by Alex W.; 11-17-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex W. View Post
        An experienced opinion based upon comparing the type of finish and details (frosting, polished details, crispness etc.) to known postwar pieces can be of help though.

Regards,
        Alex
        I agree with this. Does anyone have better (and closer) photos of the obverse (and reverse!) of this set in the Shropshire Light Infantry Museum?
        Attached Files
        Festina lente

Comment

Another Deumer set.
          Attached Files
          Festina lente

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
            I agree with this. Does anyone have better (and closer) photos of the obverse (and reverse!) of this set in the Shropshire Light Infantry Museum?
            WOW !!!!!!!!!! Tom

Comment

Another Deumer set.
              Is this a painted frosting on the obverse?

Comment

It's a white frosting of some sort (can't really tell if chemical or painted) with the highlights polished. Very striking in hand.
                Festina lente

Comment

It's a white frosting of some sort (can't really tell if chemical or painted) with the highlights polished. Very striking in hand.
                  I would expect such a finish on period Deumer oaks.

Comment

Same sort of frosting on the Deumer Destroyer?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here are some pictures of my Deumer oakleaves attached to a S&L postwar cross.

See also:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=792449
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some more pictures.
                        Attached Files

Comment

One more picture. The first picture shows the set from The Shropshire Regimental Museum.
                          Attached Files

Comment

maybe I missed it if stated but who is the maker of the Knights Cross in the Shropshire Regimental Museum?

And another thought I had. Is there a wartime badge with an 835 silver marking stamp from Deumer which could be compared to the oakleaves?

Is the stamp the same size as the one on their Spain Cross?

William Kramer
                            To view my museum and shop: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                              maybe I missed it if stated but who is the maker of the Knights Cross in the Shropshire Regimental Museum?

And another thought I had. Is there a wartime badge with an 835 silver marking stamp from Deumer which could be compared to the oakleaves?

Is the stamp the same size as the one on their Spain Cross?

William Kramer
                              Perhaps this is interesting for this thread...

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=979213

Comment

Note that the "Oaks" portion of the golden set of O&S shown by Weitze (for the German Order) as being from Deumer, does not match the Oaks on the Deumer card Shropshire set. (See specifically the more oblong shape of the second leaf from the bottom to the left of the center vein).
                                Attached Files
                                Festina lente

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X