New Record Price???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Record Price???

This nice Deschler EK1 sold for 452 Euro's...can't recall a 57 EK1 ever going higher?????
    Attached Files
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Do not remember anything going for that much. That's nuts!

Wayne
    Last edited by bytown; 10-15-2020, 02:47 PM.
    "As Ye Sow So Shall Ye Reap"

Comment

That’s just silly
      Why is patience a virtue, why can't hurry the f*** up be a virtue.

Looking for a Souval RK KvK without swords (800 marked) and a 57er Luftschutz medal, 1st Class

Comment

You can get a superb imperial EKI for that money

Comment

Even more than some nice 3rd Reich'ers get....wow....
          "Better 6 ft apart than 6 ft under...stay safe..!!"

Looking for early Stahlhelm & SA items...Tropic cloth DK's,
          Campaign Shields, Cholm long "M", 57er items

Cheers...
          (Pink) Floyd

Comment

I suppose the rarity has to be taken into account too.......
            I dont believe Deschler made a large number of EK's in 57 style??? Less than most TR or Imperial makers produced i would have thought???
            -Nigel

Comment

... just an information...

The buyer made one bid in the last 30 days on only one item.

He has only 13 ratings.

Without this bid the price were 351 Euro.

As already said, just an information .

best regards
              Pattex

Comment

Shill bidding happens more then most collectors think...

Comment

"Economic value is not the same as market price, nor is economic value the same thing as market value. If a consumer is willing to buy a good, it implies that the customer places a higher value on the good than the market price. The difference between the value to the consumer and the market price is called consumer surplus."

How many of these Deschler EK1 have you seen in the let's say 10 years for sale? For me this was the first and if let's say Deschler made 100, 200 or even 500 EK1s, the price is not even that high. You cannot compare this to an Imperial EK1, during World War I, approximately 218,000 EK1 were awarded. The common St&L 57er EK2 prices are far higher already than a WW1 pattern EK2's so nothing surprising to me that someone gave this money for a scarce award as this Deschler EK.

Comment

Originally posted by novara View Post
                    "Economic value is not the same as market price, nor is economic value the same thing as market value. If a consumer is willing to buy a good, it implies that the customer places a higher value on the good than the market price. The difference between the value to the consumer and the market price is called consumer surplus."

How many of these Deschler EK1 have you seen in the let's say 10 years for sale? For me this was the first and if let's say Deschler made 100, 200 or even 500 EK1s, the price is not even that high. You cannot compare this to an Imperial EK1, during World War I, approximately 218,000 EK1 were awarded. The common St&L 57er EK2 prices are far higher already than a WW1 pattern EK2's so nothing surprising to me that someone gave this money for a scarce award as this Deschler EK.
                    +1,also it was in excellent condition.

Comment

prices for ww2 variants alo go up. However, people are afraid to buy in most of the cases cause of covid situation.
                      Always interested in medal bars with EK2 from ww2! Please, offer!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------
                      Iron crosses, dog tags, solo EK2 documents and medal bars collector.

Comment

Good point made about the condition...as many Deschler EK's have suffered from loss of core paint!!!
                        -Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
                          Good point made about the condition...as many Deschler EK's have suffered from loss of core paint!!!
                          -Nigel
                          For EK2 you are right, but normaly the Deschler EK1 have no problems with loss of core paint.

best regards
                          Pattex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                          X