PLM with case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM with case

Saw a nice one that’s going up for auction and wanted a second opinion on it.

Thanks,
    Jackson
    Attached Files

Hello,
    the case is a modern made piece, for the plm I need better pictures to judge but so it looks good.

best regards
    Pattex

Comment

Much better, closer pics are needed, the enamelling looks nice, but the gilding looks rather washed out, unless its just the lighting...no value in the case, so even if the PLM is good, you only want to be paying the price of a loose piece!!
      -Nigel
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

I wish I could, the problem is that it’s at a formal auction in Germany that I am only registered to bid in (for multiple items). I zoomed in a bit on the pics, it’s not much but it’s the most I could do
        Attached Files

Comment

Just ask the auctioneer for more photos on a specific lot. Most times they will try to help you out.

Regards,
          Nick

Comment

I got in contact with them and they helped me out, so here are more quality versions of the previous pictures. Thanks again!
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a good S&L to me, not one of those newer fakes with the chased crown.

Obverse enamel at 1 o’clock is troubling me however, is it chipped or poorly finished?

most S&L PLMs I’ve handled have a very thin waxy layer to their enamel (I have no idea why) perhaps this is distorting the lighting?

my vote is still

box is obviously a repro, as stated prior.

Comment

It’s asking price is 150 in the auction so this could be a good steal

Comment

Originally posted by PrussianGarde View Post
                  It’s asking price is 150 in the auction so this could be a good steal

That would be a great deal. I hope you get it!

Robert

Comment

Thanks man, I hope I finally can get lucky in one of these.

Comment

It went for 330 euros, and with buyers premium and shipping that’s just a little too much for me.

Comment

Hello,
                        where it was offered?

best regards
                        Pattex

Comment

Here was the link to the auction house https://www.benemerenti.de

Comment

Originally posted by PrussianGarde View Post
                            Here was the link to the auction house https://www.benemerenti.de
                            Thank you

Comment

330€ with buyers premium is still an okay price - even considering the poor repro case.

As an example - Weitze very recently offered two average condition S&L PLM’s without case for 550€. Never the less, one of them instantly for the price. A good while back 550-600€ would buy a nice cased set at a dealer...

The cheap prices for these pieces at dealers or auction houses are gone.

Still, good deals for S&L PLM’s can be found - they actually keep finding me ... but dealers and auction houses are the wrong places to find them at low prices.

Regards,

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X