ST&L Lappland Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST&L Lappland Shield

Another great find ... ST&L Lappland Shield. Only need the Kuban and Krim and then my 57er shield collection is finished. Kuban is not difficult to find however the Krim, well that is another story all together...keeping my eyes peeled though......

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Lappland shields are not 57er decorations, they are explicit excluded in the law from 1957 (in the official "Kommentar zum Ordensgesetz").

Uwe

Comment

Thank you for the information Uwe, knowledge of others is always appreciated and accumulated to pass on. Do we know why this shield and perhaps other decorations were excluded? Still another nice piece for my collection.

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
      Hi Marcus,

Lappland shields are not 57er decorations, they are explicit excluded in the law from 1957 (in the official "Kommentar zum Ordensgesetz").

Uwe

Comment

Hi Marcus,

many Third Reich decorations had been excluded, eg. all sports decorations, all NSDAP (and related organizations) decorations; it was not allowed, to wear them.

For the Lorient and the Lappland shield it was the missing official authorisation.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by mevm36 View Post
          however the Krim, well that is another story all together...keeping my eyes peeled though......
          What is the problem with buying it?

Comment

In my experience, the 1957er Krimschild is not hard to find. (In Germany, anyway. At least three dealers currently have one for sale.)

The rarest is the 1957er Cholmschild (which, of course, reflects the fact that it had by far the lowest award numbers of all shields).

Comment

I picked this one up recently...

M.

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
              In my experience, the 1957er Krimschild is not hard to find. (In Germany, anyway. At least three dealers currently have one for sale.)

The rarest is the 1957er Cholmschild (which, of course, reflects the fact that it had by far the lowest award numbers of all shields).

Comment

Congrats! I had noticed that one when it was offered on Marco Kögl's site.

Comment

Thanks,

When I saw it, I jumped at the opportunity as I know that this one is very difficult to find....

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
                  Congrats! I had noticed that one when it was offered on Marco Kögl's site.

Comment

Working...
                  X