Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontflugspange Schlachtflieger in Gold mit Brillanten mit Einsatzzahl 2000

Hi,

here is a special post war decoration for your information.

It is not a real 1957er decoration, but the upper part is a 57er decoration, supplemented with "diamonds".

The only bearer of the original award was Oberst Hans-Ulrich Rudel.

As I know, it is made by Steinhauer & Lück, but I don't know, when.
    It is placed in a matching case, the inlet cut is correspondig to the needle system.
    You could find this decoration in older catalogues (Nimmergut/Feder/von der Heyde, Deutsche Orden und Ehrenzeichen, Drittes Reich, DDR und Bundesrepublik), starting with the 6th edition from 2006 up to the 9th edition from 2014. In the 10th edition from 2017 (Nimmergut/Feder/Kasten, as above) it is no longer listed, because it is not a real 57er decoration.

The here shown decoration is the example from the catalogue, it was the original for the two pictures in the catalogue.

Please see the pictures.

Uwe
    Attached Files

I doubt Rudel would ever have worn it without the swaz, but a very nice looking piece
    Why is patience a virtue, why can't hurry the f*** up be a virtue.

Looking for a Souval RK KvK without swords (800 marked) and a 57er Luftschutz medal, 1st Class

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
      I doubt Rudel would ever have worn it without the swaz, but a very nice looking piece
      I concur. Of course there is an identical variant with swastika. I‘ll try to post a pic for comparison later.

Comment

Here is the swastika variant of this Spange. These pieces were made by Souval in the 1970‘s as part of an entire series of diamond badges, like the APB with diamonds and a few others. They were made in a casted silver process, which is responsible for this high gloss on these pieces. Overall quality quite a bit lower than early postwar made diamond badges which were made in 800 silver and much more crisp in detail.
        Still, it‘s in an interesting piece for collectors.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alex

An interesting comparison!

Is the HK included in the embossing or applied separately (extra aufgelegt)?

Uwe
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Uwe,

the swastika is embossed in the clasp design.

Regards,
            Alex

Comment

One like this sold on emedals for 50$ on their auction pages.

Wayne
              "As Ye Sow So Shall Ye Reap"

Comment

$50? Is that the number you meant to type?
                Why is patience a virtue, why can't hurry the f*** up be a virtue.

Looking for a Souval RK KvK without swords (800 marked) and a 57er Luftschutz medal, 1st Class

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                  $50? Is that the number you meant to type?
                  That's what it said on their sold listing.

Just another piece of modern made junk.

Wayne

Comment

Hi Wayne,

do I understand it correct, that, in your opinion, all pieces made in the 70s are "modern junk"?

Than nearly all collectors had to throw away many pieces of modern junk.

That was the time, when veterans could buy all this "junk" from the "Kleiderkasse der Bundeswehr", the pieces mostly made by Steinhauer & Lück.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
                      Hi Wayne,

do I understand it correct, that, in your opinion, all pieces made in the 70s are "modern junk"?

Than nearly all collectors had to throw away many pieces of modern junk.

That was the time, when veterans could buy all this "junk" from the "Kleiderkasse der Bundeswehr", the pieces mostly made by Steinhauer & Lück.

Uwe
                      Seeing you asked.

I collect early made 57ers only.

Up until about 1968.

Anything after that you know my opinion on the matter.

I see no point in throwing good money after bad.

Take it for what it is.

It's the way I collect.

No need to get your giblets in an uproar over it.

Wayne
                      Wayne

Comment

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion
                        Even though I prefer earlier made pieces as well, I can appreciate some late pieces for what they are. Nothing wrong with a later piece. Anyway, at one time someone shelled out big money for such a 1970’s clasp...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry guys but I don't think we can call anything junk what someone can have emotional connection to it, in particular if someone awarded a medal, even though it is a later made replacement of the original one.

Following this logic, all current award is junk, I am 100% sure that the 57er St&L awards made in the 90's will have a massive value within a few decades.

I am 46 years old so I just heard that after the WW2 (even in the 50's - 60's) you could buy Third Reich awards for nearly nothing as they were modern junk at that time and look at their value now....

Comment

We've had similar arguments before.....
                            Several collectors over the years have slated any "later" pieces irrespective of their quality, rarity etc.
                            Steve was totally the opposite and held pieces from any era in the same regard!!
                            It is up to the individual as to what they like, and what they collect!!
                            For me, while theres no doubt the later pieces don't have the quality of the earlier ones, many I do like, not so much the modern stuff, but certainly the 70's pieces, some interesting variants from that period!!
                            As Andrew said, in the future I think many of the later pieces will be thought of in better terms, after all the late war zincers are pretty poor to be honest, but that doesn't hold them back any more!!!
                            Nigel
                            sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

The most important thing still is to enjoy and have fun with your collection. As long as I’m having fun with whatever pieces I’m collecting, I could care less if someone badmouths a later production piece as “junk”. Personally I don’t find it appropriate to badmouth whatever someone else collects as junk, but that’s a different issue altogether.
                              In the end it’s really all about having fun with your own collection. Never collect for anyone else but yourself.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X