Eagle Squadrons Pilots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle Squadrons Pilots

I wondered if there was any list of the 255 Eagle Squadrons pilots, I have initials JPM, any recommendations on a good related book?

Any original patches out there? What do they go for, I be been offered one and wanted to be fair

Any help appreciated

Get The Eagle Squadrons by Phillip Caine. It lists every member with a picture and bio on every one. The best to date that I have seen.
    Sincerely,
    Dave

Comment

There are two recognized types that I know of. I call them early and late. I would have to see the front and back. Does patch have any provenance?
      Dave

Comment

heres the patch in question. the eagle is pale blue, but looks white in the picture
        Attached Files

Comment

It was not just pilots who wore these patches. American ground crew and mechanics served as well in these squadrons and they had the same patches.

Comment

Here is one still on the uniform for comparison:
            Attached Files

Comment

The three RAF squadrons that "Eagle Squadron" American pilots flew in, Nos. 71, 121 & 133, were all manned by RAF ground personnel. I have never heard of any American ground personnel assigned.

Comment

FYI - Here's a few pics of an ES uniform which I used to own. 100% vintage original. Got it directly from the family about 30+ years ago. He joined 71 Sq. in August 1942. Was KIA with 4th FG USAAF in May 1943.
                Attached Files

Comment

The one I showed is on a uniform that belonged to Roy Evans. You can see that one and the one shown above are the same. I would say the patch that started this thread is a repro.

Comment

Here is an original E.S. Patch from known member. Notice it has some back thread detailing beak and talons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X