Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vietnam Bronze star certificate

Hi,
    I bought this certificate in the UK about 40 years ago, I know nothing about it so would appreciate any help researching the recipient. His details are First Sergeant E8 Leroy J. BREVER, RA16446319, Regular Army, awarded 22 June 1967. Any idea how I can find out his unit or what other medals he may have been awarded? Any help or guidance would be appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Rick
    Attached Files

Try using Fold3. I haven’t had much luck anywhere else when researching names and places

Comment

photo

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...-joseph-brever

https://ccheadliner.com/obituaries/o...f1d36af5e.html

Comment

Hi,
        many thanks that's very interesting, I can't access the obituary due to legal reasons in Europe, could you possibly scan a copy and send it via PM?
        Cheers,
        Rick

Comment

LeRoy Joseph “Bud” Brever
          BIRTH 17 Aug 1935
          Walworth, Walworth County, Wisconsin, USA
          DEATH 10 May 2016 (aged 80)
          Missouri, USA
          BURIAL
          Missouri Veterans Cemetery at Springfield
          Springfield, Greene County, Missouri, USA
          PLOT C02, D, 443
          MEMORIAL ID 162742125 · View Source

MEMORIAL
          PHOTOS 1
          FLOWERS 0
          LeRoy (Bud) Joseph Brever, age 80, of Springfield passed away Tuesday, May 10, 2016. He was born August 17, 1935 in Walworth, WI to Frank and Leona Brever. He married Annelies Janz October 3, 1972 at Ft Leonard Wood. Bud retired from the Army in 1980 as a Command Sergeant Major. He served in the Engineers Battalion. After the Army, Bud taught business and computer classes in many colleges.

Bud is survived by his wife, Annelies; his children Joseph Brever, John Brever, Jessica Brever and Jeanette Brever; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren; step children Gary Paddock, Peggy (Paddock) Ligo, and Rodney Paddock;

Bud is preceded in death by his parents; and a daughter Jacqueline Brever.

The family will hold a graveside service will be held at 2:00 PM Friday, May 27, 2016 at Missouri Veterans Cemetery, Springfield.

Comment

Grave showing BSM
            Originally posted by crowback View Post
            LeRoy Joseph “Bud” Brever
            BIRTH 17 Aug 1935
            Walworth, Walworth County, Wisconsin, USA
            DEATH 10 May 2016 (aged 80)
            Missouri, USA
            BURIAL
            Missouri Veterans Cemetery at Springfield
            Springfield, Greene County, Missouri, USA
            PLOT C02, D, 443
            MEMORIAL ID 162742125 · View Source

MEMORIAL
            PHOTOS 1
            FLOWERS 0
            LeRoy (Bud) Joseph Brever, age 80, of Springfield passed away Tuesday, May 10, 2016. He was born August 17, 1935 in Walworth, WI to Frank and Leona Brever. He married Annelies Janz October 3, 1972 at Ft Leonard Wood. Bud retired from the Army in 1980 as a Command Sergeant Major. He served in the Engineers Battalion. After the Army, Bud taught business and computer classes in many colleges.

Bud is survived by his wife, Annelies; his children Joseph Brever, John Brever, Jessica Brever and Jeanette Brever; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren; step children Gary Paddock, Peggy (Paddock) Ligo, and Rodney Paddock;

Bud is preceded in death by his parents; and a daughter Jacqueline Brever.

The family will hold a graveside service will be held at 2:00 PM Friday, May 27, 2016 at Missouri Veterans Cemetery, Springfield.
            Attached Files

Comment

his photo -
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, forgot to say thanks for this, and now a photo to go with his Certificate... any idea where I can find out his full medal entitlement?
                cheers,
                rick

Comment

Originally posted by ravrick View Post
                  Hi, forgot to say thanks for this, and now a photo to go with his Certificate... any idea where I can find out his full medal entitlement?
                  cheers,
                  rick
                  You would have to get a copy of his service records, but not sure if you can request them, since you are not related...Bodes

Butt Plate needed for Parris Dunn Navy Training rifle......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                  X