509 PIB Ike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

509 PIB Ike

I piked this up at the SOS and I'm just now getting around to posting it. This ike is ID'd to SSgt. K/O W A/L S K I, B/509. It's pretty straight forward, not having a Ruptured Duck, but having a nice set of stared jump wings. How I wish it had the Gingerbread Man patch, but alas, it does not.

In the pocket was a room placard to a Liberty ship, he apparently came home on, S.S. Uruguay.

Thanks to some help from another member, I received a nice copy of him in his M42.
    Attached Files
    Always on the lookout for quality WWII U.S. Paratrooper items! [email protected]

Attached Files
    Always on the lookout for quality WWII U.S. Paratrooper items! [email protected]

Comment

Tom, very nice Ike. Those to the 509th are scarce indeed. Do you have any service history on him?

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
        Tom, very nice Ike. Those 509th Ikes are scarce indeed. Do you have any service history on him?
        Some, but it's limited...

Comment

It would be worth a records check just to see if their is anything on him. I would bet if he was a 509'er with that many O/s bars then their is alot more to his story that the jump badge, and ribbons currently on the Ike are not telling.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
            It would be worth a records check just to see if their is anything on him. I would bet if he was a 509'er with that many O/s bars then their is alot more to his story that the jump badge, and ribbons currently on the Ike are not telling.
            I have sent away for the records.... I've spoken to some "in the Kowalski" about him. Still awaiting the info.

I agree.... There's more to the story.

Comment

Great jacket!!
              When you go home
              Tell them for us and say
              For your tomorrow
              We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
              Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X