No announcement yet.

WW2 US M-1917A1 Kelley Helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll add to the above comments -- I've never seen one of these helmets where the post of the screw holding in the liner protrudes so much above the washer, as you see in posts # 5 and 6.

Steve
    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Thanks guys I have been back and forth on it today but I agree with what you guys have said about the red flags. Thanks for taking a look and pointing those things out to me.

Comment

The paint on mine looks like the second one posted by Mike....Has what looks like a khaki colored primer(?) underneath the outer layer....Also have to agree with Steve on the post...This and I believe the spanner nut on mine is unpainted....Bodes

Comment

The helmet that started the post is a minty original. I've owned a few, many saw limited use.

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
            This and I believe the spanner nut on mine is unpainted....Bodes
            Yes, none of mine is painted

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            The helmet that started the post is a minty original. I've owned a few, many saw limited use.
            How do You get minty shell with embossed fingerprints, in wrong color and with hand applied uneven cork, overpainted spanner nut - and WELL WORN liner ? thats a first one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
            X