Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone see the uniform on "Pawn Stars" History channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The C.W. Cavalry Sword was really a Dragoon Sword....

Actually it was a m1840 light Artillery saber. The 1861 date and good condition made it a bit more desirable then average but he paid top retail or more for it, especially in today's economy.

Comment

He paid way too much. Dealers can't know everything but he was going by what his military expert buddy told him if i remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul70 View Post
        When the guy said $800. I turned to my wife and said holy crap I've got about five of those. You should have seen here eyes pop open and the gears started turning. I quikley saved the day by saying. "Well mine are not as nice" I think she bought it!

Hahahaha!

Comment

the west point cadet jacket was from a Nevada native who made General, I believe, which is why the museum appraised it so high - local boy meets success thing.

the air corps uniform was sold high because of the appraiser, again. I think he said $800 and the pawn dude just cut that amount in half. Tough for him to know everything. It is an entertaining show for sure, if nothing else.

I too hated the blue paint job on the hot rod. ugly. Liked it before they did anything to it to be honest.

Comment

When the guy said $800. I turned to my wife and said holy crap I've got about five of those. You should have seen here eyes pop open and the gears started turning. I quikley saved the day by saying. "Well mine are not as nice" I think she bought it!
            Wow. This is hilarious. The gears started turning did they?? I can see it now. I've had situations like that. The wife always gets those ideas, but I usually come up with something like you said or simply say, they're crazy - I only paid $50!!!! ($50 on top of the $100, that is...hhmmmm.)

Comment

Makes you wonder what sort of military stuff walks in that we never see . . . .[/QUOTE]

A lot of machine guns come in like that. I have never seen it but a guy I buy a lot of my arms through in MN has had many offered to him. He simply explains that he can't purchase them and gets em in contact with the proper authoritys or a class 3 dealer. Apparently a lot of machine guns came home to MN in the bottoms of foot lockers, guys would break em down or do what they needed to to cram em in there. Kinda wild when you think about it. Gotta be a few MG 42s and 34s just lurking around in some guys place.. Matt
              I collect:Summer weight Heer tunics, early Schutzen and kradschutzen boards/tabs/tunics and last but not least Panzer Grenadier militaria!

Comment

This show is a joke...I watched one where the was a Coke machine brought in and he brought it "to his buddy" for resto...machine came out looking Sweet and Bright and Shiney but it was a Differnet Model of machine...Not the same one.His Military collector/dealer is a jerk too.

Comment

If I were a collector in the area, I'd be using this to full advantage. Has anyone tried to take their spare items in to the shop?

Sounds like you can get a good deal out of it
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

I agree, the show is strictly for entertainment purposes only......Information on identification and prices is very subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt....

However I do get a kick out of Chumlee.......The guy looks dumber than any body I've ever seen......Even the old man commented that he (Chumlee) knew nothing about art, and wasn't sure he could even spell the word.....That was f**kin' hilarious.....

I liked the episode where the old man's grandson and Chumlee were looking at a crossbow......Chumlee was sitting in the background, drooling at the opportunity to handle and shoot it.....Later they show the two struggling to set the crossbow.....What a couple of incompetant boneheads......Again for entertainment purposes only.....Bodes

Comment

Oscar Griswold Jacket

Does anybody know where the Oscar Griswold jacket currently is? Oscar Griswold is my great grandpa and I would love to find that jacket.

Comment

That was a close call, be careful man.
                        Operation Cobra Normandy 44

In order to maintain peace we must prepare for war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X