Finnish pre war goggle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finnish pre war goggle question

Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me with what type of goggles would be appropriate to display with this pre war Finnish leather face mask.
    This particular mask was used in the winter war by a British volunteer pilot.
    Any ideas and photos of goggles would be greatly appreciated.
    Brian K

IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0111.jpg

Hello Brian,

it´s hard to find photo with a facemask in use by the finns. Here are what i found that is Winter war related. The first 2 ones are swedish volunteers from F19 that was stationed in the finnish Lappland during the Winter war
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

No face masks in use but shows the googles used during Winter war. First one is swedish volunteer mannequin.
      Attached Files
      Regards
      Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Thanks Hans, great photo's. Yes it is very hard to find photo's of Finish pilot goggles in use and especially close up's.
        I recognize the German one's but any idea which model the Swedes are using? also pilot on the left in the second photo they kind of look like the ones I have in the attached photo.
        The leather flight cap shown in my photo has no maker label but it is SA stamped.
        Thanks again
        Brian K

IMG_3420.jpg

Comment

HI, I forgot to mention one flight cap I am still searching for is the cloth version as shown below, any help in locating one would be greatly appreciated.
          BK

fin1a.jpg

fin2a.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

2 better pics of the swedish type. I´ll try and get the modell for you if possible
            Attached Files
            Regards
            Hans N

Comment

Wow! great photo's Han's. Nice and clear.
              That would be great if you can find the model number, then the hunt is on.
              Thanks
              BK

Comment

Been hunting info for you Brian and it took some time. But apparently the swedish googles on the last 2 photos are called "Flygglasögon typ V"
                Attached Files
                Regards
                Hans N

Comment

Here is another model designated with the same name.
                  Flight goggles of type V. Made by Aero Behör. Oblong glasses chained in suede. Elastic and clean of chamois leather.
                  Attached Files
                  Regards
                  Hans N

Comment

Yet another pair with the same designation. Maker behind all the the early ones - Aero Behör.
                    Attached Files
                    Regards
                    Hans N

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X