CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloth Carry Bag, Snooker Que, Tripod, Sword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth Carry Bag, Snooker Que, Tripod, Sword?

Bought with a number of other bits this week, lad wanted me to belive it was a cloth carry cover for a blade but i wasnt having it, still ended up with it so was wondering if anyone had a clue on what it might have been used for
    Attached Files

Looks like an old golf club bag to me. I see them all the time in Japan; designed to carry a wood. Lots of people practice at the driving range during off- times.

Similar to below, but I’ve seen smaller:
    https://www.amazon.com/Wellzher-Unis...-571555979038#
    — Guy

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
      Looks like an old golf club bag to me. I see them all the time in Japan; designed to carry a wood. Lots of people practice at the driving range during off- times.

— Guy

HaThat thought had struck me as well Guy, sword bag

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance, but do the Japanese still mark their products with the sakura? My head lives in the WWII era so much, I automatically assumed this was from the war when I saw them on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceP View Post
          Please forgive my ignorance, but do the Japanese still mark their products with the sakura? My head lives in the WWII era so much, I automatically assumed this was from the war when I saw them on the bottom.

Bruce,

The cherry blossom is still a popular symbol in Japan. Google Image.

-- Guy

Comment

Bruce,

-- Guy
            Thanks Guy! Makes sense, of course. Sadly, most of what I know of Japanese culture stops about 1950!

Comment

Bruce,

-- Guy
              Agreed, especially here in Yokosuka. There is almost not a shop or such that doesn't have the Cherry blossom. Of course, their SDF uses it still, so it's not too surprising!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X