oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Translation help - BACK OF BADGE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Translation help - BACK OF BADGE

    Looks like inscribed kanji - could this be the name of the badge wearer/event winner?
    Attached Files

    #2
    .
    Attached Files

    Comment


      #3
      Thank you so much Mr. Chen !

      Comment


        #4
        Front of Badge
        Attached Files

        Comment


          #5
          Restrike? It looks cast instead of die stamped. Did they come as sew-on badges?
          Hopefully we'll hear from Nick (JapanX).


          I love these fencing badges.

          --Guy
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GHP; 08-27-2019, 11:16 AM.

          Comment


            #6
            So this badge illustration says "Style 1" on the back. So style two is real - but I've never ever seen one before this


            Originally posted by GHP View Post
            Restrike? It looks cast instead of die stamped. Did they come as sew-on badges?
            Hopefully we'll hear from Nick (JapanX).


            I love these fencing badges.

            --Guy
            Last edited by beretta1934; 08-27-2019, 04:40 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
              So this badge illustration says "Style 1" on the back. So style two is real - but I've never ever seen one before this

              Three classes:
              NCO Badge: 下士官徴章 Kashikan Kisho

              1st Class Badge: 第一種徴章 Dai Isshū Kishō
              2nd Class Badge: 第二種徴章 Dai Ni Shū Kishō


              Here's a GREAT article by JapanX.


              As a long-time teacher of iai (renshi license, etc.) I would *love* to get one of these. They just are too expensive for me.



              -- Guy

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by beretta1934 View Post
                but I've never ever seen one before this
                If you are considering buying it - don't.
                It you are already bought it - try to return.
                Badge looks like it was die casted and never had a pin.

                Regards,
                Nick

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by JapanX View Post
                  If you are considering buying it - don't.
                  It you are already bought it - try to return.
                  Badge looks like it was die casted and never had a pin.

                  Regards,
                  Nick

                  Thanks Nick, it is a strange copy/fake. Fortunately I did not bid on it
                  But it did go for ~$158.

                  Comment

                  Users Viewing this Thread

                  Collapse

                  There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                  Working...
                  X