Assistance w/Japanese Bayonet - Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance w/Japanese Bayonet - Short

Hi Folks: I recently attended an estate sale and picked up this short Japanese Bayonet. This short Japanese bayonet price was super low so I elected to buy it...thinking what do I have to lose. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Based upon my limited research a Tokyo Hourglass. Thank you,
    Attached Files

Some close up pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Some more pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

a few more pictures
        Attached Files

Comment

I "thought" cut-down bayonet but the scabbard it perfect for the bayonet and based upon my limited research...the tip of the bayonet is a normal Tokyo Hourglass scabbard ...not ball. But then again...I'm not a SME

I took a picture of a normal long Japanese bayonet with this bayonet next to it for comparison
          I
          Attached Files

Comment

A few more pictures of the bayonet
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the "out-of-focus" picture.

Thanks for looking....I appreciate any assistance.
              Attached Files

Comment

Post war cut down in my opinion. Cutting down a scabbard is very easy. Just remove internal throat guide with frog band, cut & re attach. I agree it has agree but easily consistent to post war 1946 ---

Comment

Ok Thank you....I figured that...but I was also thinking "parachutist" or something special..but I've seen my share of cut-downs. Wishful thinking

Comment

One can always Hope Keep your chin up! G.

Comment

This is undoubtedly a cut down bayonet. The fuller shouldn't run off the edge (unless it's the shorter special purpose bayonet), the markings should be on the spine, the maker should be TALW, not the Kokura Hourglass markings.

Here's a link to a correct example - http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...bayonet&page=2

Hope that helps.

Comment

I was figuring that when I saw the fuller go all the way to the end. I was looking for this post which I recall showing the parachutist bayonet. That is a beautiful example. Thanks for the site.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X