Hari Kari knife question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hari Kari knife question

I had a so called Kamikaze Hari Kari knife put on hold for me yesterday in a local antique store....The woman wanted to know if I wanted to put money down for layaway and I declined...But anyway, what are things to look for in one of these knives?....It has a signed tang, but I was unable to get the handle off in order to see if it showed any age...The blade on the other hand had a blood groove but no Hamon....This leads me to believe it's not a smith made knife....And no I'm not getting hyped about it being called a "Kamikaze knife"....Any good reads on these on the internet?...Any thoughts appreciated, Bodes

Butt Plate needed for Parris Dunn Navy Training rifle......

Please post some photos if you can

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post
      Please post some photos if you can
      Well, since I don't have it, I can't take pictures of it....Since I don't take pictures, I can't take pictures of it....Really has no bling....The handle and scabbard are a darken (black) wood material....The blade looks like a shortened samurai type sword with Habaki and blood groove....Not much more...Should add, the dealer sells a lot of bogus items...But since I think I screwed up on an NCO sword he had, guess I'm trying to make up for it, Bodes

Comment

Am basically wondering if these had signed tangs?....The guy has $350 on it, which to me sounds low but again not my thing....Bodes

Comment

Bodes,
          Here are some links:

http://ohmura-study.net/767.html

https://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topi...#comment-36594

https://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topi...#comment-32299

Comment

Thank you Bruce....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post

Well, since I don't have it, I can't take pictures of it....Since I don't take pictures, I can't take pictures of it....Really has no bling....The handle and scabbard are a darken (black) wood material....The blade looks like a shortened samurai type sword with Habaki and blood groove....Not much more...Should add, the dealer sells a lot of bogus items...But since I think I screwed up on an NCO sword he had, guess I'm trying to make up for it, Bodes
              sorry only thought if you could go back and take some photos we could help you better
              some are signed most are not by definition these are not kamikaze daggers although I am sure they could have been carried by a pilot on his kamikaze mission
              utility knives sometime with patriotic kanji on the blade
              i have one made from a battleship gun and given to navy candidates
              i will try and find it and post photos

Comment

Originally posted by nickn View Post

sorry only thought if you could go back and take some photos we could help you better
                some are signed most are not by definition these are not kamikaze daggers although I am sure they could have been carried by a pilot on his kamikaze mission
                utility knives sometime with patriotic kanji on the blade
                i have one made from a battleship gun and given to navy candidates
                i will try and find it and post photos

No problem Nick...After reading the links Bruce sent me, I don't have a good feeling about the item...There is no Hamon (real or artificial), and has a signed tang....I wouldn't pay $350 unless I could see the tang....This blade doesn't have any slogan on it, so would say it's a utility type knife...Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X