Opinions needed on souvenir IJN helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions needed on souvenir IJN helmet

I picked this up with some other items the other day. I thought it was pretty neat, but what are your opinions on it? It looks to me to be an original helmet, but does it look like an old paint or modern era? Is the naval insignia legit? Thanks.
    Dave
    Attached Files

Complete fabrication built using an original shell imo. Liner is questionable. If original it looks army. Is the badge magnetic steel or brass?
    S
    Interested in Japanese Special Naval Landing Force, USMC, Raider, & all Battle of Tarawa items.

Comment

The badge is magnetic steel.

Comment

I agree. Looks like it was done yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruv View Post
          The badge is magnetic steel.
          It's an old repro most associated with Charlie Snyder. At one time he had a handful of them for sale on his site. Details are wrong for a period badge sorry to say.
          S
          Interested in Japanese Special Naval Landing Force, USMC, Raider, & all Battle of Tarawa items.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think it looks pretty neat inspite of it being wrong. I didn't pay much and it displays well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruv View Post
              Thanks for the info. I think it looks pretty neat inspite of it being wrong. I didn't pay much and it displays well.
              Liner may be a good army variant. Hard to tell from the pics. You're happy with it on display and that's what matters.

Comment

What really "cooks my noodle" is if the artist knowingly mispelled Roi-Namur for a more "authentic" look, or just did not know how to spell it and winged it.

Tom
                WANTED: Captured Japanese documents from Peleliu and New Guinea, as well as techo with mobile/coastal division entries.

Comment

Not to mention that "J. Basilone" was killed in action on Iwo . . . so I doubt he took home any souvenirs!
                  sigpic

Very interesting . . .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                  X