Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you date or determine an era for Japanese Decorations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you date or determine an era for Japanese Decorations?

Is it possible to determine a time frame of manufacture for these Japanese Decorations.....? I belive these to be WW2 era based on the original owner but was curious if they could be earlier. Was it practice to have Decorations in inventory that could have been made earlier "years earlier" than the date of award? thanks in advance for any help.

50490758746_b9dd06d52c_b.jpg

50490758466_383330985d_b.jpg
    50490758121_9cb66c4853_b.jpg

50490757746_d47d27c858_b.jpg

50490756051_0a6e220173_b.jpg

Not my specialty but I have owned several of these, I am certain they are all WWII production. Take a look on ebay and compare the old and new, the quality is not as good on the newer ones. Best Wishes, Bob
    www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bob

Comment

Originally posted by irish View Post
        Is it possible to determine a time frame of manufacture for these Japanese Decorations.....? I belive these to be WW2 era based on the original owner but was curious if they could be earlier.
        I`d say this set (at least the neck badge and the case) was made somewhere around 1900/1910.
        +/- of course

It has nothing to do with WW2.
        Last edited by JapanX; 10-17-2020, 02:20 AM.

Comment

This is how WW2 set looks like.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by irish View Post
              Was it practice to have Decorations in inventory that could have been made earlier "years earlier" than the date of award?
              It happened from time to time (wih golden kite order since it was issued only during war) but such instances are quite rare and I don`t see how it could be issued in late 30s/early 40s many years after it`s production.

By the way, the enamel inside these rays looks like it was restored.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by JapanX; 10-17-2020, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the response and information... I see the areas you are speaking of. Did not notice until enlarged by the photo. Looks to have been done a while ago.

Comment

I am sure JapanX is correct, my point was they are not post WWII, that was for certain. They are very cool and often the quality of Japanese medals surpasses the German awards! Nice set! Bob
                  www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
                    I am sure JapanX is correct, my point was they are not post WWII, that was for certain. They are very cool and often the quality of Japanese medals surpasses the German awards! Nice set! Bob
                    Thank you Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X