101st Airborne recon grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

101st Airborne recon grouping

Hello, here are pics of some of the items acquired from the estate of the late Vet here locally. He was in Vietnam for one year, 1966 to 1967. He was a member mostly of the 2nd Battalion, 502 Airborne and then a Green Beret. Anyone know what the black heart is? Best, Bill Bourque
    Attached Files

Pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic
      Attached Files

Comment

101st Division recondo
        "Militaria shows are a social event for anti-social people"--A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

Comment

Nice group. The black heart is the helmet marking of the 502 PIR. First used in WWII. Mike
          Author of Under Arms for the Kaiser; Shoulder Insignia of the Imperial German Army's Regiments, 1871-1918.

Comment

Hello, thank you both. Here are pics of the rest of the grouping. I have only found one pic showing similar combat knives and in the pic it was sheathed. Is there a reference on this type knife. The holster is for a type 51 Tokarev pistol. Can anyone tell me what the small silver flask is for? The tiger stripes are matching. Best, Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm in love...

Comment

Oiler for SKS rifle.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Very very nice grouping.

Any pictures of him in counrty ?

owen

Comment

Hi. A search for an in country scrapbook is being done. He did 3 operations in the Kom Tun province regions at Dak To. His remainder of operations were in 3 corps Phu Yen province just northeast of Saigon off the coast over 5 different operations. All in one year. Best. Bill
                      Last edited by hs132; 11-18-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Super nice estate! Congrats Bill I've owned and passed on two of the 101 Recondo berets. My troop later went to 5th group which is interesting in that SF must've recruited heavily among the LRRPS. Both of my berets were Bancroft goldies.

Are the handles on the knives Water Buffalo horn? Yards is what came to mind when I saw them.
                        Wanted: Stab III Infantrie-Regiment 41 (MOT) later Stab III. Panzer-Grenadier Regiment 41 items
                        Items from family name Giehrl

sigpic

Comment

WOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
                            Super nice estate! Congrats Bill I've owned and passed on two of the 101 Recondo berets. My troop later went to 5th group which is interesting in that SF must've recruited heavily among the LRRPS. Both of my berets were Bancroft goldies.

Are the handles on the knives Water Buffalo horn? Yards is what came to mind when I saw them.
                            Hi, I believe the handles to be wood. Here is a pic I found here showing at least similar handles. Mixed in with the VC items is this Certifcate of the people of the people. It’s from the Bình Thuan province where he was involved in Operations Farragut. I have no idea if it relates to the VC items. Bill
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,
                              Did your guy leave the service after just after his return home from VN or
                              did he remain active for a while?
                              LIVE to RIDE - RIDE to LIVE

I was addicted to the Hokey-Pokey, but I turned myself around.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X