Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lew
    replied
    The badge was worn by 11e BPC members seconded to the GCMA in Indochina.

All SDECE units- 1e BPC, 11e BPC, and the shortly-lived 12e BPC wore their unit's respective insignia and the regular lineup of parachute wings.

Leave a comment:

• CSDC
    replied
    well the question is also if this badge was worn in Indo, to be honest i m not that sure, as the Choc was part of the of the SDECE, which is Exterior Documentation Sercice and Counter intelligence.
    I would guess they were wearing the GCMA wings and other insignias belonging to the GCMA

Leave a comment:

• lew
    replied
    1950, if I remember right. I'd have to check my material.

Leave a comment:

• Canutt
    replied
    Originally posted by lew View Post
    Yes, the pictured badge was used by the 11e Choc sub-element posted to Indochina. If I recall correctly, it was only a company-sized element that was seconded to the GCMA.
    From what year was the 11th engaged in Indochina?

Leave a comment:

• lew
    replied
    Yes, the pictured badge was used by the 11e Choc sub-element posted to Indochina. If I recall correctly, it was only a company-sized element that was seconded to the GCMA.

Leave a comment:

• Canutt
    replied
    Originally posted by lew View Post
    That early badge was used from the unit's inception in 1946 until 1952, when the name was modified and a new badge instituted.

11e Choc is the primary focus of my interest. What do you want to know?
    Thank you, I would like to know if the 11th was used at battalion level in Indochina or only some elements. I would also like to know from what year it was used and the main actions that involved it.
    I have read that "Des éléments du 11e BPC sont détachés à partir de 1952 en Indochine ; le 11e choc n'est pas impliqué dans le conflit comme unité constituée, mais ses éléments encadrent le groupement de commandos mixtes aéroportés (GCMA), dépendant du SDECE" . So my question is: was the badge posted above, used in Indochina?

best regards,
    Mario

Leave a comment:

• lew
    replied
    That early badge was used from the unit's inception in 1946 until 1952, when the name was modified and a new badge instituted.

11e Choc is the primary focus of my interest. What do you want to know?

Leave a comment:

• scotty1418
    replied
    Just a question of early vs. late.

Unit name transitioned I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Canutt
    started a topic Bat. Choc A.P. 11

Bat. Choc A.P. 11

Hello everyone, do you have any information about the 11th airborne assault battalion? In particular I would be interested to know the difference with the 11th Paratrooper Assault Battalion (11th BPC) and its use during the Indochina War. Thanks
    Attached Files

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X