Need help with this TAP47/53 jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with this TAP47/53 jacket

I just got this TAP 46/53 jacket. It is in mint condition and a large size but I can't tell if it's original or not, not having a confirmed original to compare it with.

The only marking is in the pics below, the male snaps are marked 'Durable - Dot - RC', with the last 'R' being reversed. I can make pics of any detail if needed.

All input is appreciated!

It appears to be good but you need to provide better pictures.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

I have it here at hand so I can make any pic you need. Do I need to focus on a certain area you need to see?

Comment

100% real.
        No other pictures needed.
        owen

Comment

That is great, thanks for your help and assistance gentlemen!

Comment

I guess TAP 47/53 came too late so see much (if any) action in Indo-China?

Comment

Originally posted by earlymb View Post
              I guess TAP 47/53 came too late so see much (if any) action in Indo-China?
              They saw use starting in mid-late 1953, particularly amongst the BPVN units in Laos and Dien Bien Phu. The 47/52 uniform was far more prevalent. Given the short production run before it was superseded by the Mle. 47/54 tenue TAP, the 47/53 wasn't very common in either Indochina or Algeria.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Maybe this model wasn't issued that much, when I looked for more information I found a few mint jackets for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by lew View Post
                  They saw use starting in mid-late 1953, particularly amongst the BPVN units in Laos and Dien Bien Phu. The 47/52 uniform was far more prevalent. Given the short production run before it was superseded by the Mle. 47/54 tenue TAP, the 47/53 wasn't very common in either Indochina or Algeria.

Try finding matching trousers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm already looking around for those, as well as for a pair of 47/56 trousers that fit me. I have a few pairs of those already but all are too small.

Comment

I am sure you will find them as I have seen you posted the jacket on some pretty obscure forums.

Comment

Very obscure indeed. I missed a pair on eBay last night but I'm sure more will pop up. They're not that rare, I just need to wait for the right size.

Comment

You should show the ebay pictures.

Comment

It was a standard pair TAP47/56 trousers, and it needed a repair to the crotch. I was interested due of the size. Here are some pics from the eBay auction.

One of the pairs I do have has a nice period repair with a handkerchief though

Comment

Great tunic and trousers.

Comment

Working...
                              X