X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2015

Circa 1968 (from a Vietnam MP website)

Again, we should have taken period photographs with us during the trip to get more accurate angles.

Comment

April 2015

Circa 1969

Comment

The French-built horse race display panel is still here, although the track is now used for bow shooting and other sports.

It was still used during the Vietnam War, with French indications. "courses" means "races" and "cotes" means "odds".

Comment

very nice beezman, heavy fighting around the Phu Tho Race tracks, some CSDC units were involved in the fighting too

Comment

Easy location. Propaganda in favor of French Maréchal Pétain 6mx8m billboard. (credit: l'Indochine hebdomadaire illustré, 1942). I took the "now" in 2009.

Comment

Great stuff Francois, got any more, always love seeing yours and Beez's then and nows

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Entrance to the Huê Citadel in 1972, probably right after the Easter offensive. Take a close look on the right.

We can make out a winged skull with a phrase and the letter A underneath, and a TQLC insignia on the right (the eagle was already quite faded, but the globe and anchor were clearly visible).

This is what could still be seen in 2015 (I pushed the blue level on the photos to make the paint more visible).

The TQLC EGA is still here too, with the same difference in fading between the top and bottom part.

Comment

Fantastic thread! Many thanks for these images and excellent commentary.
                  Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Jan 13, 2002 - same location - worse photographer

Look close on the right side - sorry for the bad resolution. If I'd known then I'd have gotten a better shot.
                    Attached Files
                    Post proelia praemia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X