EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dien bien phu

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Great photo shoot!!

    Thanks for taking the time to post!

    Mike

    Comment


      #47
      Guys cheers,

      In reference to the berets at DBP - the Foreign legion paras wore GREEN, and the Colonial paras wore RED. Both with the same TAP winged dagger badge. I am not entirely sure but I think by this point the Metropolitan paras of the 1er RCP who were there were again wearing RED berets too. They had previously been wearing royal blue but had been ordered by Genechef de Lattre de Tassigny to adopt the red to present a unified appeareance with their colonial comrades. They would, of course, go back to wearing royal blue during the early stages of the Algerian war. Further to the colour issue, nearly all of the berets worn at DBP were of the three-piece construction. (For reenacting purposes a modern day Russian red commando beret is an effective and cheap substitute...)

      I think Skot is wearing original French TTA issue socks. They are still quite common and very cheap. I have several pairs of them. Thick and rough, of a dark tan colour.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by cookie View Post
        Guys cheers,

        In reference to the berets at DBP - the Foreign legion paras wore GREEN, and the Colonial paras wore RED. Both with the same TAP winged dagger badge. I am not entirely sure but I think by this point the Metropolitan paras of the 1er RCP who were there were again wearing RED berets too. They had previously been wearing royal blue but had been ordered by Genechef de Lattre de Tassigny to adopt the red to present a unified appeareance with their colonial comrades. They would, of course, go back to wearing royal blue during the early stages of the Algerian war. Further to the colour issue, nearly all of the berets worn at DBP were of the three-piece construction. (For reenacting purposes a modern day Russian red commando beret is an effective and cheap substitute...)

        I think Skot is wearing original French TTA issue socks. They are still quite common and very cheap. I have several pairs of them. Thick and rough, of a dark tan colour.
        Once again cheers for the info Cookie! I got hold of a copy of the para book you recommended but my french isn't brilliant so its a slow read to say the least lol but the visual reference is brilliant! Fascinating subject though! Do you have any links of vendors for the socks?

        Comment


          #49
          ebay.fr? Usually quite plentiful from a number of professional and individual vendors. I got mine from the War & Peace show at Beltring.

          Comment


            #50
            hi, why post reenactors pics in this forum, with evident risk to fool the readers ? They are now on Pinterest with the only mention " french indochina war" and no indication of reenacting !
            Regards.
            Last edited by TRIMAZE; 09-04-2019, 07:02 AM.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by TRIMAZE View Post
              hi, why post reenactors pics in this forum, with evident risk to fool the readers ? They are now on Pinterest with the only mention " french indochina war" and no indication of reenacting !
              Regards.
              Bonjour,

              Pourquoi ca vous gene? Les photos sont clairement de production moderne...

              Cdt
              ------------------------------------------------
              Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by scotty1418 View Post
                Bonjour,

                Pourquoi ca vous gene? Les photos sont clairement de production moderne...

                Cdt
                Et bien comme je l'ai déjà dit, ces photos sont reprises sur différents sites et ne sont jamais présentées comme des reconstitutions .
                Ici, si on lit la totalité des posts, on comprend. Mais ailleurs on peut être trompé, ne serait ce que par l'utilisation du noir et blanc....
                D' autres équipes de reenactors mettent un logo sur leurs photos, ce qui est plus clair à mon avis .
                Cdlt.

                Comment


                  #53
                  That is not the fault of the original posters, but rather the idiots who in this social media obsessed age, feel its ok to steal photos and plaster them everywhere without citation to the original source. When originally posted it was made quite clear that they were re enactment photos.

                  It happens with real pieces too as I'm sure many collectors here will state. It's sad that we have arrived at a point where all our images need to be watermarked due to a lack of common courtesy.
                  Last edited by Beau Brummel.; 09-27-2019, 05:11 AM.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by Beau Brummel. View Post
                    That is not the fault of the original posters, but rather the idiots who in this social media obsessed age, feel its ok to steal photos and plaster them everywhere without citation to the original source. When originally posted it was made quite clear that they were re enactment photos.

                    It happens with real pieces too as I'm sure many collectors here will state. It's sad that we have arrived at a point where all our images need to be watermarked due to a lack of common courtesy.
                    You are right !

                    Comment

                    Users Viewing this Thread

                    Collapse

                    There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                    Working...
                    X