GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you been collecting Vietnam militaria ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pair dated 83 rdf type jungle boots whit vertical ankle stitch like the vietnam jungle boots, this is not seen of much in modern (80's) boots, So i do not know more about this
    Attached Files

Comment

I mean heel stitch , Dated 85

Comment

Very nice boots, in Hanoi last year in one shop were boxes of originally packed and tagged unissued boots. When I looked through certain sizes I would find all the sole patterns. Only problem was the guy wanted pretty much 250$ a pair and would not budge.

As this is about VN collecting, this week I heard a good recollection from one of the Staff I work with. In the 1975-80 period the Long Binh (I hope spelled right) storage was full of everything. Long story short, all the "Leaders" as they call it- I guess certain party officials- were given a set of unissued Tiger Stripe out of this massive storage as a gift. Anyhow, whatever happened after the Tiger Stripes were then requested to be returned as they were an "American Product" (American made) and thus couldn't be a "gift".

All these were then returned by each to go back to this storage and then put under lock and key. Just made me think, perhaps there are big quantities of Tiger stripe (among other things) locked up and that has nothing to do with street shops, although it is 2020 now, but I don't doubt that it's possible old things are stored, just like the Soviet Era. Anyhow just what I was told.

Pete

Comment

I've been collecting Vietnam War militaria for about three years now, and I've been enjoying it as much as (if not more than) collecting Third Reich militaria. My uncle, who was in the Vietnam War, gave me his paratrooper helmet and a few other captured souvenirs he brought back. Those pieces and the stories he had to tell were what got me into it. What's better is that, since the prices are still more affordable, I've been able to accumulate much more for much less money. And the major focus of history for all of it is just as interesting as well.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Stahlhelm; 11-23-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Can any of you guys provide any info on this: Agent Orange residue from direct spray (on patrol etc.) on Clothing? I am open to buy a bunch of clothing and field equipment here in VN in the former Operational Areas although it is "as is" untouched from 1975 and before. Always wondering if any hazardous residue is on anything.

Pete

Comment

Here in BINH DINH and another set of ARVN Tiger Stripe, untouched, with Label, A-M and ARVN badged. Same story, they quote ebay- 500$. Even in VN you can't get a deal!

I will keep trying with the locals, would love to see your Tiger Stripes! No idea who this Pappy guy is but his Helmet is still here- never tried to get it "yet".

Just picked up a few nice GI cups from the QHI NHON airbase mess hall. A shame to see the mess Silverware abandoned like this.

Pete
              Attached Files

Comment

GI cups, not in so bad shape. Possibly someone sat and listened to AFVN (or dare i say a Dave Rabbit tape) with one of these

The Vietnamese Otters also live on the end of the old QHI NHON Airstrip by the way. Their Grandfather was in the war. Living History.
                Attached Files

Comment

My contribution.
                  Attached Files
                  https://medamilitaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                  X