• Show
Clear All

Opinion about STIRNPANZER

Hello!!
    I'm vary happy to read your opinions about this Stirnpanzer

Thank you very much

Please, some opinions?

Comment

I can't give you an educated answer. But if I saw this for sale, I wouldn't buy it. First off, an original stirnpanzer is pretty damn rare. Second, I don't see a maker mark, which should be inside, under the left strap hole I believe. Just my 2 cents.
      Want to buy 1887 Bread bag strap, Ochre colored

Comment

It looks like a cast copy (reproduction) to me. And, the weight should be closer to 5 lbs.

Chuck

Comment

Thanks a lot. The weight is in kg. I think it's original

Comment

IMO a cast piece which is not correct ...made of what ?
            Surely not made of iron ?
            Nick

Comment

I would say it's a steel forged version and not a cast one, just because the slots on both sides are punched out under a slight angle. The slots of the cast versions (always fake!)look different. I also see typical grinding marks at the rims and the slots.
              The weight of this example is rather low, even for a steel forged example, they normally weigh approx. 2,5kg. The fake cast versions absolutely weigh more than the steel versions.
              Normally there is a makerstamp at the left or right inner side. I've also seen some with the stamps on the upper inner side. Some sources say there are also originals without stamps, but I've never seen an original without stamp. It's also very much possible that the stamps aren't visible, due to faint stamping, rust or a thick layer of paint that has filled up the stamping. One should examine this very carefully…
              If you put up the stirnpanzer and let it balance on something and then tab the thing, an original will always sound like a bell, the fake cast ones will have a more "dull" sound.
              Can you check these things out please?

Adler 1

Comment

Originally posted by C. Roelens View Post
                It looks like a cast copy (reproduction) to me. And, the weight should be closer to 5 lbs.

Chuck
                2.1 kg is 4.6 lbs so not far off.

Steve

Comment

I agree with all of Adler 1 comments, including that this one looks forged in regards to how it was made not as in being a fake!

I am in no way an expert on these but have been “fooling” with them since the 1970s and know the earlier cast fakes. I don’t know how or if they may be faking them lately. I have much more experience with the graben panzer and their are characteristics between the two items that carry over as they were made basically using the same technique

Comment

There,should be a bell makers mark
                    I think this is a fake

Kind regards Chay
                    Interested in collecting historical objects in a gentlemanly fashion
                    100% Christian :)))
                    [email protected]

Comment

I nearly bought this original but was compromised in the sale
                      This has the bell maker mark
                      Attached Files
                      [email protected]

Comment

The maker mark is found around this area
                        Attached Files
                        [email protected]

Comment

Thanks guys, thank you very much Adler! I tried and it sounds like a bell

Comment

This one is not cast it is forged and looks good to me.
                            Rest of color is present. Mark is possible not visible due
                            To color and a faint marking. Depending on price it can be
                            Interessting.
                            ES KOMMT EINE RATTE TEUER ZU STEHEN,EINE KATZE AM SCHWANZ ZU NAGEN.

Comment

Stirnpanzer Markings

Here is what markings should be in a Bell manufactured brow plate.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X