Always interested in portraits with all CUFF TITLES and CAMPAIGN SHIELDS

+
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

no experts?

Comment

Hello,

Tony of "Kaiser's Bunker" is the expert on these. There has been an endless variety of fakes of these that have been made over the decades since the end of WW1.

I am not an expert on these, but I think that this one might have a chance of being real. That being said, we will wait for the expert opinion on it from Tony S. I'll send him a message so that he is aware of this one being posted here.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by ww1czechlegion View Post
            Hello,

Tony of "Kaiser's Bunker" is the expert on these. There has been an endless variety of fakes of these that have been made over the decades since the end of WW1.

I am not an expert on these, but I think that this one might have a chance of being real. That being said, we will wait for the expert opinion on it from Tony S. I'll send him a message so that he is aware of this one being posted here.

Best Regards,

Alan
            Hello Alan! Thank you very much for caring to help me. I see his site and it's very interesting and informative. I hope too that this skull is real. I'm waiting Tony's opinion eagerly. Best wishes, Alex

Comment

Hello Alex,

I sent a private message this afternoon to Tony via the forum germanhelmetwalhalla where I know what his user ID is. I don't recall what his user ID is on this forum to write him from here. I don't see a direct contact email link on his website either.

Hopefully he'll see the message I sent and respond here to you soon.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Hello Alan! Thank you for your work. I saw him yesterday in this thread, but he didnt answer, maybe today...

Comment

Hey . This type of emblems - (primitive) are not rare. Different manufacturers. My opinion is commercial products - 20-30 years for various historical clubs.
                  Original emblems are more detailed. This is my opinion
                  For an example, look-exactly original

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imperi...=1#post1953452

Comment

But this is only an opinion. It is interesting to look at the reverse side of the emblems . Belonging to our colleagues
                    A lot would be clear. The overall design is similar, but ......

Comment

Comment

hello Sturm68

Yes, we're all familiar with these photos you have posted here. And yes, if you are not aware, I'm a forum member at war relics forum as well. I am familiar with many of the fake/reproduction skulls that exist.

Sadly the photos you have posted above are not hosted here, and when they are removed, your photos and your postings become Useless...

Please use the photo hosting service provided by Wehrmacht-Awards.com

You will be doing everyone a better service if you host your photos with this forum instead of using an outside photo hosting service...

Comment

Alan! Thank you for your advice.
                          Now about the emblems. I often see such emblems with stamps .. I am also very interested in the time of their PRODUCTION. My opinion is commercial products -20-30- years, but this is an assumption.
                          Emblems on fur hats - 2 photos - no doubt the original
                          Last edited by Sturm68; 06-15-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I'm just a guy with an opinion like everyone. But I do collect Totenkopf.

In this case, my opinion is that unfortunately it is not an original Leib-Husaren Totenkopf. In fact, not even close to the quality of an original. The edges are sloppy and rough, absolutely horrible. The giant tags on the reverse are a dead (pun!) giveaway, as is the ridiculous manufacturer's mark which someone must have thought would give them credibility. The only Wappen of any sort that was ever maker marked as far as I know, was Osang in Dresden.

Original Leib-Husaren Totenkopf (this applies to all Wappen) are more like pieces of jewelry than something that went on a piece of military headgear. The quality is astounding. They are always die struck and typically Neusilber (nickel silver). They have absolutely perfect inside edges on the nose/eye opening from the die strike, perfect heart-shaped nose, superb detail to the always protruding cranium fontanels, with exaggerated "eyebrows".

Comment

Thanks Tony
                              LIVE to RIDE - RIDE to LIVE

I was addicted to the Hokey-Pokey, but I turned myself around.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X