Show us your German Hussars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
    I'm sure, that it is a cap from Imperial times. A real Leibhusaren cap or similar looking other cap with an added skull? Both is possible, I think.

Why I think so? Some years ago I got cap, which had absolutly no relation to the Leibhusaren. It looked absolutly identical to a cap of the 2.LHR. No big differences! But it was a cap for a member from a Prussian Landwehrverein. Because Leibhusaren caps are very popular caps, it is always possible that somebody added a skull to make it more interesting. We will never know it!

At the end is only important that you like it.
    Thanks Sergeant.
    Yeah I really like it
    The seller is very honest Man had it for 20 years. Don't think he added skull, better think not
    Maybe will get more LHR stuff from him...
    Best regards
    Pete

Comment

Leibhusaren!
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure, that it is a cap from Imperial times. A real Leibhusaren cap or similar looking other cap with an added skull? Both is possible, I think.

Why I think so? Some years ago I got cap, which had absolutly no relation to the Leibhusaren. It looked absolutly identical to a cap of the 2.LHR. No big differences! But it was a cap for a member from a Prussian Landwehrverein. Because Leibhusaren caps are very popular caps, it is always possible that somebody added a skull to make it more interesting. We will never know it!

At the end is only important that you like it.
        Most of these caps from veterans are missing one piping, the lower one.
        They are sometimes with a added skull on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by kuerassier7 View Post
          Most of these caps from veterans are missing one piping, the lower one.
          They are sometimes with a added skull on sale.
          And they were made with piping in different colors, too! But sometimes these caps from veterans have the correct piping, the correct colors etc.

These are the dangerous caps! I wrote it, I owned such a cap.

Comment

Another Leibhusar!
            Attached Files

Comment

I had posted this skull in another thread before. In the meantime I got a better looking one, but I have never sold this skull. Why? Well, I think it is the fact, that it is a ww ground dug. When do you have a chance to get such a ground dug busby skull again?
              Oh my this suffered a LOT ... looks very cool tho! Thanks for showing this Stefan! reckon itsa once-ina-lifetime find! You found this yourself?
              Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

Originally posted by Krullies View Post
                You found this yourself?
                No, not my discovery.

Comment

Braunschweiger Regiment

This little Totenköpfchen is from Braunschweiger 17. Regiment. Its made of copper, with a very worn silvery coating. The right bone is a little bend but not too much. The back looks full of oxidation, the prongs are good too. Very goodlooking little skull! Stefan told me, this version could be on empirial Mützen, or Weimar Mützen, or Wehrmacht 3.Reich Mützen.

The first shot, the background, I like it much, they seem a very lovely couple, second shot is of the back, has a background of the Braunschweiger Regiment 17er behind his machinegun, as shooter. Pretty big gun, no? A couple of officers behind the gunmen. At the back of the shot is written "Münster 1932". Rest of the shots, closeups.

Enjoy,
                  KR

Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

This little Totenköpfchen is from Braunschweiger 17. Regiment. Its made of copper, with a very worn silvery coating. The right bone is a little bend but not too much. The back looks full of oxidation, the prongs are good too. Very goodlooking little skull! Stefan told me, this version could be on empirial Mützen, or Weimar Mützen, or Wehrmacht 3.Reich Mützen.

The first shot, the background, I like it much, they seem a very lovely couple, second shot is of the back, has a background of the Braunschweiger Regiment 17er behind his machinegun, as shooter. Pretty big gun, no? A couple of officers behind the gunmen. At the back of the shot is written "Münster 1932". Rest of the shots, closeups.

Enjoy,
                    KR
                    Here is a similar skull on a Imperial cap! No Husaren Regiment 17 photo, but IR92.
                    Attached Files

Comment

HR17 cap with such a skull!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice shots! Thanks! Yes, ofcourse, sry, your right! I just made it 17, I show the little skull with this bloke, and, he has 17 on his shoulderpatch;

Showed these a bit, but, they are nice enuff;

Other 2 more shots from the same series, just for fun;

Bye,
                        KR
                        Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

Similar cap ..................

Von Cramm also has his skull placed low.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                            ...Von Cramm also has his skull placed low.
                            Nice one Robin Von Cramm I think was Herr Major Von Cramm? The family helped build this very good page I think? Or is yours another Cramm?

..These are the dangerous caps! I wrote it, I owned such a cap.
                            But they sure are awesome. Don't know who this is but I always like the below shot, the uniform sure looks so epically majestic!

Bye,
                            KR
                            Mehr sein als scheinen

Comment

....Don't know who this is but I always like the below shot, the uniform sure looks so epically majestic!

Bye,
                              KR
                              That is Generalfeldmarschall August von Mackensen.

Comment

The most famous Leibhusar!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X