X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with German WW1 cap

Hello

Is these German WW1 cap period made?
    Is it normal that there is no producer label?
    Any traces of damage / repairs?

More photos

Comment

Overall a nice looking hat of the pre-war period for a reservist. Other than several moth nips on the crown the black band shows several creases not too damaging and I can't exactly see if there are extra holes for the cockade on the band. The sweatband is not leather which saves costs. It isn't unusual to find no maker inside unless it is from a higher end maker.

Comment

I would have to agree with Pauke, that's a very nice visor in really good condition.

Comment

I saw this one on Weitze's website; nice but not choice example, and the price of 450 euros seems a bit high to me.
          These caps are not rare and other good examples can be found for less, IMHO.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
            the price of 450 euros seems a bit high to me.
            This can be said of every....single...item on Weitze's shelves

Want to buy 1887 Bread bag strap, Ochre colored

Comment

I think it was described correctly; 1910 timeframe.

Nowadays many serious collectors offer their collections to Helmut when it is time to sell. He is one of the few who can step up to the plate.
              Willi

Preu├čens Gloria!

Sapere aude - "Dare to know! Have the courage to use your own intelligence!" - Immanuel Kant

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                I think it was described correctly; 1910 timeframe.

Nowadays many serious collectors offer their collections to Helmut when it is time to sell. He is one of the few who can step up to the plate.
                Indeed... a big collection just 10-15km from here ... the owner was old and sick... did not want to bother with collectors trying to bargain and cajole... Weitze drove by with a truck and picked it all up.. and then continued on to another collector to pick up his goodies...
                I know opinions about dealers are always varied, but I have found, often at shows I have 4-5 decent items to sell/trade.... almost all of the smaller dealers don't want to pay the cash, or just a fraction of what I want...or just want to trade, offering me junk I do not need.... then I land up at the Weitze Table and get almost what I was asking for in the first place... no hassle no sweat.... His prices may be high... but he pays good prices as well... collectors can not have their cake and eat it...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier View Post

Indeed... a big collection just 10-15km from here ... the owner was old and sick... did not want to bother with collectors trying to bargain and cajole... Weitze drove by with a truck and picked it all up.. and then continued on to another collector to pick up his goodies...
                  I know opinions about dealers are always varied, but I have found, often at shows I have 4-5 decent items to sell/trade.... almost all of the smaller dealers don't want to pay the cash, or just a fraction of what I want...or just want to trade, offering me junk I do not need.... then I land up at the Weitze Table and get almost what I was asking for in the first place... no hassle no sweat.... His prices may be high... but he pays good prices as well... collectors can not have their cake and eat it...
                  +1
                  Looking for personal items of German, Austrian and Italian commanders of the WW I Isonzo and Trentino fronts. Also looking for the Ehrenpokal and other items belonging to Hauptmann Werner Lucas, JG 3.

Comment

+2

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X