No announcement yet.

Baden NCO Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post! Thanks. I’ll try to get you guys some photos of my example as well. I also agree that they used these type fabrics from the private market to meet the demand from late 1914 through the summer of 15 when things leveled out some and they actually went back to making the 1913/14 version of the 07/10 and dropped the simplified construction. Of course a few months later the 1915/16 bluse was adopted.

Comment

This is excellent content in Posts #15 and #16, and I concur in your assessments which are very thought provoking. Thanks to you both. I'm especially pleased to learn of the realized prices from the Baldwin estate auctions, of which I previously only had rumors.

Comment

Phil and Robert

Pleased that you found the photos of some interest, and I would agree with Phil's contention that the M1907/14 tunic did indeed go back into production -this tunic, also from the Baldwin collection, is in the M1907/14 pattern and has IX Army Corps stamp and what appears to be a 1915 date. It also retains it's original cutters paper labels sewn in place.

All the best

Paul.
        Attached Files

Comment

Amazing to me that an issue tunic from that date survived and survives in that condition. I would not want a collection of tunics in that unissued condition but would love to have just one! Arguably or possibly as many as 4 distinct types of tunic/bluse may have been made in the year 1915. Although supposedly superseded by the Landwehr model 1913 version of the 07/10 in late 1914 it may be possible some actual 07/10s were made or dated into early 1915. Of course we know the simplified was made and the 07/10 version mentioned above was made two different periods in 1915 and probably many makers were making the Bluse before the end of 1915 maybe even some in September or October.

Comment

Simplified issue tunic
            Attached Files

Comment

Stunner!

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                Since the discussion is about issue vs private purchase and specifically the typical use of each type and value today. I would ask if anyone has seen an issue tunic, specifically simplified versions of 14/15 that use higher grades fabric like worsted tricot in their construction? I’m not talking about private purchase tunics in the simplified style buy actual Kammerstuck items in obvious Officer quality cloth not tuch. The practice was not common (my belief) but was done and I have seen a couple and own one.
                I also have an issue Kammerstück simplified jacket made of this material. It is dated 1915.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X