Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identification Assistance-Medal & Pin

Hi Folks:

I recently ran into a possible purchase...and the owner sent me these pictures...which I can't ID

Verein Hamburg 214th Pin 1919

Medal with a torch bearer w/sword dated I think "1914" on Hindenburg Cross ribbon

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Files

The enameled pin shows the coats of arms for Hamburg and Mecklenburg and is for a reunion in Hamburg for the Grossherzoglich-Mecklenburgischen Reserve-Infanterie-Regiments Nr. 214.

Can you show the reverse of the 2nd medal? It might be a cycling medal. But, whatever is written on the reverse could identify it.

Comment

Thank you....right now the group of medals & badges are “mounted & framed” and not in my possession...

Comment

The second one design I've seen on sports medals, but it could be also some chamber of trade or commerce. The ribbon is the wrong one, as far as I can see, the medal is just tossed over the ribbon.

Comment

Hi,

the second one is a "Spendenmedaille" (donation medal) for the "Christianenheim des Eisenbahn-Töchterhorts".

Three medals exist:
          - a larger one with a box
          - a medal as shown here
          - the same medal with a needle on the back side

Please see here: https://www.ehrenzeichen-orden.de/ka...chterhort.html
          "Es gibt diese Medaille als nichttragbare Medaille, mit rückseitiger Broschierung und mit Trageöse."

Uwe

Comment

Wow Uwe.......Thank you for the information. I have never seen this. Based upon your site I was able to ID a few other medals and badges.

Comment

Great information Uwe! I've read the article with interest.

Comment

Großes erleben macht ehrfürchtig und im herzen fest Kaiser Wilhelm II 1916

(Great experience makes you feel awed and in the heart)

Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

Thank you.....I appreciate you posting pictures of the medal...both front & back

Comment

I wonder what the ribbon looked like which it came on?

Comment

Hi,

nearly all these medals came without a ribbon. Therefore I think, that there was no original ribbon. And everybody could choose a ribbon he want to use.
                      My medal had this ribbon.

Uwe
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Uwe...that works for me too

Comment

Hi Folks: I picked up group that contained the medal and I opened up the back and found that the medal is what Ron & Uwe posted. I moved the Hindenburg Cross to the correct ribbon and the EKII 1914 to the correct ribbon and found the medal to be like the one Ron posted. W/o ribbon....the 214the Verein Hamburg pin actually has a loop on the back. I will take some pictures of the group and post some close-ups too..for info purposes

Comment

Hi Folks: Well here is the group....the small 214th medallion has a loop. The EKII 1914 is hallmarked "KO"....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very, very nice!
                              RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X