Prussian Lifesaving Medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prussian Lifesaving Medals

Having a heck of a time finding a Lifesaving medal (and the right model) for this medal bar. Can any explain the odd sequence of medals?

Here is also my other one. While a rather low level collecting interest of mine, I like to pick up bars with the 1864/ 1866/ 1871 Campaign medals.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Could it be that the Ribbon in the first Medal Bar belongs to a KO?

It makes no sense to have 2 Landwehr Dienstauszeichnungen in the same Bar, right? And one of them was the 1913 version.

Comment

No, it makes no sense. So, I should pull the one on the right and place a KO on the left. Is the ribbon color ok for a KO?
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi,

Sorry, made a mistake.... Even having many KO in my collection, still made a mistake with the color. Apologies...

Without the KO option, ... it is difficult to follow how the condecorations were sorted out.

Comment

Hi Heran, that's ok. The color is lighter on that ribbon than the Dienstauszeichnung, and I find various shades on the KO. All the colors on that bar seem bolder. Just trying to come up with something.
          Attached Files
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

What model life saving medal do you need?

Comment

I guess a Type III would be the best match for the bar.
              Attached Files
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Uwe Bretzendorfer may be a good source for these: he is contactable on facebook.
                Looking for personal items of German, Austrian and Italian commanders of the WW I Isonzo and Trentino fronts. Also looking for the Ehrenpokal and other items belonging to Hauptmann Werner Lucas, JG 3.

Comment

I think the one I have is the fourth type.

Comment

Chip, I guess a Type IIII would be from 1907-1918. Just one minor difference, from what I understand. Not sure if that would properly fit in with the rest of the bar.
                    Attached Files
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by GdC26 View Post
                      Uwe Bretzendorfer may be a good source for these: he is contactable on facebook.
                      Thanks Sandro, I guess he no longer has a website up.

The important lesson in this matter is never to buy a messed up medal bar, no matter how cheap it is.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Pleasure Willi. Uwe does not, but he is still contactable and occasionally presents items on his Facebook page.
                        Looking for personal items of German, Austrian and Italian commanders of the WW I Isonzo and Trentino fronts. Also looking for the Ehrenpokal and other items belonging to Hauptmann Werner Lucas, JG 3.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X