Ek2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek2

Hi guys , can I have an opinion on this cross please ,many thanks .
    Ferg
    Attached Files

Regular size? Have not seen that type of crown

Comment

Why is the frame so clean and the core so rusty.

Comment

The core reminds me of one of the KO variations. I'm not saying that is what it is just that
        it's somewhat similar. The frame looks like an alloy frame that's been beadblasted or
        sonic cleaned or messed with in some fashion.

I can't say for sure what it is or even if it's entirely original. Good luck.
        LIVE to RIDE - RIDE to LIVE

I was addicted to the Hokey-Pokey, but I turned myself around.

Comment

To me it looked like a wide flanged TR period piece with a nickel or tombac frame ,maybe... it was for sale in a sea of non military items and I am not sure if the seller really has experience of these . Upshot is I took a punt on it as it was a buy it now for £9 !!! Once I have it I will post more /better pics.
          Ferg

Comment

For that price, You can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
              The core reminds me of one of the KO variations. I'm not saying that is what it is just that
              it's somewhat similar. The frame looks like an alloy frame that's been beadblasted or
              sonic cleaned or messed with in some fashion.

I can't say for sure what it is or even if it's entirely original. Good luck.
              I know the user USN has one, same core. I was told they were extremely late KO.

The frame had similar patina as well, my guess was that it was dipped in silver cleaner, to my recollection it had a standard sized frame, maybe my memory is faulty on that.

I asked him to get some pictures but it looks like we’re out of luck, navy took him away from his collection!

Comment

Thanks for your replies , I have it now ,it certainly looks like a nickel silver frame and probably cleaned . The frame is 46mm so I was thinking TR period ? Judging how the core sits well into the frame maybe an old stock core was used on this later frame ,just guessing !
                Ferg
                Attached Files

Comment

I would maybe ask the TR guys to compare the frame against a Klein and Quenzer

Comment

The frame is a fake frame. I can't be to sure about the core, it's certanly close to a KO core but looks casted. The KO core variation of this type is always stamped and not casted.

Looking for a tunic removed SS-rune tab and tunic removed Odal-rune tab.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X