Blucher order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blucher order

I've heard of the Blucher Order, created sometime in the 1960s as a war order for the NVA. As they never went to war, none were ever awarded. Yet a number of them were produced. Does anyone have any info on this award (appearance, classes, criteria for award, etc) ? Thanks!

Hello

I have some photos of the award

back

spange

the next photos I took at the Armeemuseum in Dresden where all the medals are , exept for the ones that where '' liberated ''.....

I think the medal collectors here can tell you more about the medal .

Regards , Johan

Comment

If I remember correct there was a large topic on the order some
      time ago. I tried to search for it but can't find it. Anyone else maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckles930 View Post
        If I remember correct there was a large topic on the order some
        time ago. I tried to search for it but can't find it. Anyone else maybe?

Here you are :
        http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=blucher

Regards , Johan

Comment

eadweard<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4308504", true); </SCRIPT> ,

You will find a lot of reletant information on the old thread. I'd like to add some other information that might not be on the thread. I didn't read all the way through it again.
          1-The safe, and the medals found in it, is now on display in the Bundeswehr Museum in Dresden. A lot of the pictures in the thread were taken there.
          2-The Bleucher Order has been heavily faked in recent years. For the new collector, these new fakes can be very hard to identify from the originals.
          Especially from pictures on an auction site.
          Regards,

Gordon

Comment

For the quick reply, the pics and the link : thanks, guys! I haven't examined the old thread in any detail, but I'm surprised they didn't name the award in honor of Yorck von Wartenberg (for defying the King and allying his corps with the Russians against Napoleon). I'm also somewhat surprised they used the cross configuration : very Christian Europe of them. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X