Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reservistentuecher - Reservist Scarfs - Show Yours!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Reservistentuecher - Reservist Scarfs - Show Yours!

    I have got three different Reservist Scarfs. I suspect that there are more different ones out there...if you have got any that are different from the three that I am showing here, then could you should them please? Cheers, Torsten.

    first
    Attached Files

    #2
    the second one is the type that I received myself in february 1990 when leaving the army
    Attached Files

    Comment


      #3
      third type
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        the last two I am showing come in the same type plastic bag...
        Attached Files

        Comment


          #5
          none of you got another?

          Comment


            #6
            Hi Torsten, until you posted yours, I was not even aware that such a thing exsisted When did this tradition start?

            Cheers, Ade.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
              Hi Torsten, until you posted yours, I was not even aware that such a thing exsisted When did this tradition start?

              Cheers, Ade.
              Hi Ade, I do not know when exactly it started...but German Reservists always had some kind of trinkets that they were given or that they got themselves to remember their army service by...think of the Imperial Steins and pipes and mugs and Reichswehr/Wehrmacht sticks and Steins, etc. I do not know when the thing with the scarfs started, but I suspect that it would have started in the early 60's? These scarfs were given by the army and were not private purchase and everyone got one on their last day in the army. you wore it round your neck on your way back home so that everyone know, that you had finally done it and left army service...and you generally got lots of pads on the back and handshakes for having done so during your journey...on my own scarf, I also got the signatures and addresses of all the other guys from my unit and I am still surprised that I did not loose it during the trip back home...it took me three days to make that journey and I do not remember most of the things that happened during those three days...

              Comment


                #8
                Here's mine, for the Grenztruppen :

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have one, but it is the same as the one pictured in post #2.
                  Jon.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hi Francois...thank you for showing. Cheers, Torsten.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Torsten - great thread.

                      I knew there was a version for the Grenztruppen and a version for the Army, but until now, I did not know there different types of the one issued to the Army. I wonder if there were different types of the one issued to the Grenztruppen too? And how many different types there were altogether?
                      Michael D. GALLAGHER

                      M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Michael D. Gallagher View Post
                        Torsten - great thread.

                        I knew there was a version for the Grenztruppen and a version for the Army, but until now, I did not know there different types of the one issued to the Army. I wonder if there were different types of the one issued to the Grenztruppen too? And how many different types there were altogether?
                        Hi Michael, yes I think the army ones were issued roughly in different decades...I think the first I showed is from the 1960's, the second one is the last one from the late 1980's and the third one is from the early 1980's. I do not know, but I am convinced that there are more different ones...there are probably also different ones for the Grenztruppen and I would also expect to see some for the BePo (Bereitschaftspolizei), as these were guys doing there military service with riot police units and although, the Volksmarine is covered by the army scarfs, I would not be surprised to see that there might also be some special ones from the Volksmarine...so, lets see if anyone else shows anymore.... Cheers, Torsten.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                          Hi Ade, I do not know when exactly it started...but German Reservists always had some kind of trinkets that they were given or that they got themselves to remember their army service by...think of the Imperial Steins and pipes and mugs and Reichswehr/Wehrmacht sticks and Steins, etc. I do not know when the thing with the scarfs started, but I suspect that it would have started in the early 60's? These scarfs were given by the army and were not private purchase and everyone got one on their last day in the army. you wore it round your neck on your way back home so that everyone know, that you had finally done it and left army service...and you generally got lots of pads on the back and handshakes for having done so during your journey...on my own scarf, I also got the signatures and addresses of all the other guys from my unit and I am still surprised that I did not loose it during the trip back home...it took me three days to make that journey and I do not remember most of the things that happened during those three days...
                          I must add that you recieved it officially on the last day. However, most of us managed, or at least tried, to get it a few weeks/month before. I had mine 12 months before I left so I have the signatures from guys who left before me. I even have the signature of GO Stechbarth on mine.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Dag View Post
                            I must add that you recieved it officially on the last day. However, most of us managed, or at least tried, to get it a few weeks/month before. I had mine 12 months before I left so I have the signatures from guys who left before me. I even have the signature of GO Stechbarth on mine.
                            I only got mine the day I left...but then again, until four weeks before that date I did not even know or think that I would or could be leaving at any time before my 25 years were done.... also, since there was no E-movement among officer cadets at the Officer College, we did not even know that there was such a thing as an E-Tuch and it was a little surprise when they gave us one....Cheers, Torsten.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                              I only got mine the day I left...but then again, until four weeks before that date I did not even know or think that I would or could be leaving at any time before my 25 years were done.... also, since there was no E-movement among officer cadets at the Officer College, we did not even know that there was such a thing as an E-Tuch and it was a little surprise when they gave us one....Cheers, Torsten.

                              Fair comment. I keep forgetting that you left straight from Officers school.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing this Thread

                              Collapse

                              There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                              Working...
                              X