Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reservistentuecher - Reservist Scarfs - Show Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

here is a new "personalized" Reservistentuch, with several signatures.

You can walk around, start from the consription (Einberufung) to the discharge, see the Reservist with the Reservistentuch at the end:

Uwe

Comment

Oh wow, that is a great scarf. I have not seen this one before and I like the way it is laid out. Very interesting. Thanks Uwe for posting it.
      Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Ralph,

also I have never seen it before!

I'm really interested in the time frame. Where are the former DDR/NVA knowledge carriers?

Uwe

Comment

das cool

That is pretty Rad....

Peto at point

Comment

Hi Uwe,

very nice personalised Tuch. Never seen one like this before. Judging by the style, etc. I would think it to be 1980s.

Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Or 1990?

Uwe

Comment

I got mine in 1990 and it was still the standard type and not this type ...

Comment

Here is one that I have not seen before. Manouvre Waffenbruderschaft 1980 - 25 years Wascaw Pact. I can only assume that this was given to soldiers attending some kind of get together with other army soldiers during the manouvres>? 25 1/2" square. Cheers, Torsten.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not seen that one before. Thanks for adding it to the thread.
                    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

not reservist but manouvre reservistika cloth
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                        not reservist but manouvre reservistika cloth
                        exactly

Comment

this thread continues to be interesting. thanks Thälmannpionier

Comment

Hi Torsten,

Very interesting thread. Thansk for sharing.

I have bought a Reservisten scarf last year at the Stasi HQ. They had some for sale (5 €, if I remember well...).

Cheers.

Ch.

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                              Hi Ade, I do not know when exactly it started...but German Reservists always had some kind of trinkets that they were given or that they got themselves to remember their army service by...think of the Imperial Steins and pipes and mugs and Reichswehr/Wehrmacht sticks and Steins, etc. I do not know when the thing with the scarfs started, but I suspect that it would have started in the early 60's? These scarfs were given by the army and were not private purchase and everyone got one on their last day in the army. you wore it round your neck on your way back home so that everyone know, that you had finally done it and left army service...and you generally got lots of pads on the back and handshakes for having done so during your journey...on my own scarf, I also got the signatures and addresses of all the other guys from my unit and I am still surprised that I did not loose it during the trip back home...it took me three days to make that journey and I do not remember most of the things that happened during those three days...
                              The ones I have are like yours.

An image of parting.

Comment

Interesting photograph. Thanks for posting it in the thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X