Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reservistentuecher - Reservist Scarfs - Show Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralph Pickard View Post
    Hello Torsten - Thanks for the post. Which book did the picture come from?

Thanks...
    this one
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Torsten...
      Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

my own

so, here is my own "Reservistentuch"
        Attached Files

Comment

I guess, I'll need to dig my own out when I go to see my parents again ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael D. Gallagher View Post
            Torsten,

Can you elaborate more on the tradition of the "Service" scarfs, particularly the military versions? I am wondering how this practice came to be in the NVA? Do you know where, when and how the tradition and practice of doing this came to be?

Is this something that was practiced for example, also by the armies of other Cold War era Eastern Bloc countries?
            Or was this a cary-over from Germanic military tradition from the Prussian Army?

I find this practice of awarding a departing soldier a unique military scarf to be signed by all the members of his unit fascinating. But I've always wondered at the source of the tradition?
            Michael.
            here´s a cloth from "German southwest" Africa, of the colonial troops of the German "empire". Around 1905-1908, seen in a Cologne muzeum...I show it only, in order to underline that it is an old tradition in German armies and no invention of the NVA.
            AR-11, Dirk

Last edited by AR-11; 04-13-2008, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hello Dag - THanks for posting yours. Do I see some art work on your scarf...
              Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Yes, but not from me. This was years before smilies became known.

Comment

Got it and thanks...here is my smiley face back to you...

Comment

Originally posted by AR-11 View Post
                    Michael.
                    here´s a cloth from "German southwest" Africa, of the colonial troops of the German "empire". Around 1905-1908, seen in a Cologne muzeum...I show it only, in order to underline that it is an old tradition in German armies and no invention of the NVA.
                    AR-11, Dirk

Hi Dirk, you make a very good point and thinking about it, I actually had two similar items in the past, that were done as a memento for German troops serving in China during the Boxer Rebellion in 1900. These were beautifully embroidered Chinese Silk items...so, maybe this is where the idea originated from? However, apart from the NVA, I have never seen anything like this used by any German Army as a regular thing. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I've just finally scored myself one of these... mine is the same as Torsten and Dag's issue ones.

I wonder if there was a Kampfgruppen one LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Kozlov View Post
                        I've just finally scored myself one of these... mine is the same as Torsten and Dag's issue ones.

I wonder if there was a Kampfgruppen one LOL!
                        well done and proud of you don't think there were KG ones...but you'll never know, as they must have got some sort of leaving present when finishing their active service?

Comment

Hi,

this is one of the scarfs in my collection, with the inscription "BEI DEN LANDSTREITKRÄFTEN DER NVA" instead of "BEI DER NATIONALEN VOLKSARMEE".

With more than 100 signatures, always the entire address.
                          Ok, one without the address, "Viel Erfolg für die Zukunft! ... Oltn."

Regards
                          Uwe

Comment

HEllo Uwe - 100 signatures...very interesting. Do you know which organiztion this scarf came from? Thanks for posting...

Comment

Hi Ralph,

one of the (appr. 120) signatories gave me some explanations, a very friendly and helpful man.

It is from April 1980, Motschützenregiment MSR 23, Bad Salzungen.

Regards
                              Uwe

Comment

Hello Uwe - It is always nice to know the history of an collectable item such as the one you own and talk with one of the person's whose signature is on the scarf. CONGRATS!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X